Monday, May 31, 2021

Me On A Monday - May 31st

 

Good Bye May 2021, thank you for all your gifts & yes, even your challenges.


This Makes Me Happy:  I don't often get happy mail but these two pieces came in the same week & made me very happy.  Thank you Ruth & thank you Catherine.

That Challenged Me:  snow on Friday May 28th - Mother Nature was playing silly beggars for sure.  I had to zoom about bringing in pots of annuals and/or covering pots of annuals.  The temperatures dipped to 0 in our area for several hours before rising again to +4.


This Makes Me Happy
:  An idea that I saw on Amanda's blog: Lockdown.  She is a very talented scrapbooker.  I don't know where she got the cutfile for this title but I have C.A.S.E. as best I could.  (CASE = copy and share everything).  She also has another layout I am going to  C.A.S.E. Census-2021.  In Canada we also had to do the 5 year Census, thankfully we got the short version, making me happy. Where as my friend S got the long version, she was not happy. This is my version of Amanda's padlock layout, to which I need to add home photos.  I think I may add the word at the bottom of Again.

This Makes Me Very Happy:  my solar powered fountain for the birdbath, although the chipmunks seem to enjoy more than the birds.


This Also Makes Me Very Happy:  my tree peony, has three magnificent blooms this year & because of the chilly weather, the blooms are lasting much longer than normal.  Double happiness.



This Makes Me Extremely Happy:  our provincial Premiere, Doug Ford, has announced that all Ontario adults will be eligible to have their 2nd COVID vaccine jab sooner than later, everyone by end of August.  He's calling it the Two Dose Summer .


18 comments:

  1. Your tree peony is gorgeous. When we moved into our house 36 years ago, a neighbor kindly pointed out several plantings that we would not want to remove---one was a peony tree. Ours is white; I prefer your beautiful double pink--but love ours as well. One year when our son lived with us, he filled a large bowl with water, and floated one of the flowers in it. Since our tree is in our lower yard and not as visible as we'd like, we've continued the practice each spring. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like all kinds of peonies, but I think the Tree Peony has become a favourite. I wish I had the space for more, as I've seen a lemon yellow one I would really like. Fern Peonies are way out of my price range, but oh the foliage on them. I like the idea of floating a bloom in water ... Ummm I say.

      Delete
  2. I am happy about the vaccine rollout now. Canada is #3 in the world for % of adults getting at least 1 jab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Canada is certainly failing at all levels of vaccine roll out & over all management of the pandemic. I think if we had had more of a national strategy & leadership, well maybe things would be different, but that ship has sailed. I'm not sure what I think of Doug's success in the pandemic but right now his broken promise of not allowing the destruction of local wetlands is taking a huge front & centre annoyance of him, this was a campaign promise, so I will hold him to account on this item.

      Delete
  3. Yay for Happy Mail and a Two Dose Summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow? in May? You definitely have some weird weather over there!

    It's good news about your second vaccination. Do you have appointments yet, or are you still waiting on those?

    The peonies are beautiful and I'd love to have some but I don't have the room ... unless I can find a smallish one that will do well in a container.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are being told in our region to wait for the call/text/email to book a 2nd jab. They are starting with the seniors 80+ who don't live in senior homes. Anyone in senior homes or LTC were given their 2nd jab 28 days after the 1st. They were the priority. I wish I had room in my garden for a Pagoda Dogwood.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful peony! And I'd love to see the chipmunks playing in the water! Boo to the snow. As of yesterday, it's really hot here but before that it was really cold and wet. I have only just dared to put a bit of summer bedding out, and all the veggies (bar the runner beans) are still inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have not been quick enough to get Clover or Patio Pete drinking in the solar fountain, but I continue to try. I just switched from flannel bedding but I think it was too soon!

      Delete
  6. Such a burst of happiness to brighten my day today! So pleased you are going to get your second vaccine sooner rather than later. There's a big push here too, but as the Astra Zeneca vaccine, which lots of us were given, is only 60% effective against the new variants, there is plenty of room for a third wave :(. Your tree peony is so pretty - it must make your heart sing every time you see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The AZ vaccine continues with much controversy this side of the pond & I don't think it was used in the US of A at all. The variants are of HUGE concern & it's a loaded political issue too. My Tree Peony makes me very happy & now we have iris blooming, the big bearded kinds. :)

      Delete
  7. A lovely post of happiness to brighten my day. I hope you find lots more to be happy about this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah there are a few things to be cheerful about so far, which gives me something substantial for next Monday's post (col).

      Delete
  8. Snow at the end of May?! Wow! The peony is gorgeous. Great color. Congratulations on getting a time projection for the 2nd vaccine dose. It'll be good once everybody has a chance to be fully vaccinated. Now, if everybody would just take advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow at the end of May is not unheard of, but it is still a shock to the senses. Our regional Medical Officer said yesterday in the monthly town hall meeting, that 75% vaccinated will give us herd immunity, but 90% vaccinated will give us back a healthy community. The campaigns to get everyone to agree have started. Many companies are writing mandatory vaccination into the company policies. Teachers, nurses are the first to be mandated into COVID vaccination.

      Delete
  9. Lovely post! Ah, snow at the end of May - that happened one year, when I was in Wisconsin! Hope your plants survived that! The peonies look gorgeous! I'm glad you will be getting your 2nd vaccine dose sooner rather than later. Hope you are having a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a date yet for the 2nd jab, but I'm promised it will be between 12-16 weeks. Tree Peonies do put on a glorious show - they take the temporary centre stage of the garden.

      Delete