Monday, July 25, 2022

Me On A Monday - July 25th

 So let's just get this out of the way ... 5 months today is Christmas! 🎄

Good morning. For us it continues to be dangerously hot, humid & very dry - lots of storms around us but as the rain clouds get to us, they break apart & go around us.  🌞

    UPDATE: late last night, we got an hour of rain accompanied by some low rumbling thunder - YEAH!  ⛆

Currently Watching: an old series but new to us, The Indian Doctor. We have watched & enjoyed series 1 & have on order from the library series 2.  The lead actor, Sanjeev Bhaskar is Dr Prem Sharma who many of us know from Unforgotten, D.I. Sunil "Sunny" Kham.  😁

I was very pleased to read that there is a new series of Shetland being released in  Britain this year, which means we'll get next year at the library.  There's also a new season of Happy Valley being released.  😊

Not enjoying the new season of Grantchester on Masterpiece ... IMO, weak plots & story lines & many seem to be from the days of Sidney.  Maybe this is a series that has run its course.  😞

Currently Reading: the 4th book in a new to me series, The Ruth Galloway series written by Elly Griffiths, I've got book 5 on order from the library.  These books follow the mis-adventures of  Dr Ruth Galloway, a forensic archaeologist as she works along side fellow university lecturers & assists the police in solving old & current murders.  The books & plots are fairly light reading, & not too difficult to figure out who done it.  📖

Currently Eating: newly discovered baba ganoush. It's the first time I've enjoyed eggplant in any form. I did not make from scratch & yes I know how easy it is, but I like the off the shelf ease of my new taste  discovery. I like as a dip for, warm from the oven mini spanakopita.  I'd insert the eggplant emjo but we all know the double meaning of that little purple gem!!! (wink wink, nod, nod, say no more).  😋

And I will leave you with this thought ... "I typed into an email that I was a fully functional adult, but auto correct changed it to fully fictional adult "... probably more correct than I'd like to admit to!!!  😅

16 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Grantchester. I always watch it as it is set in a village quite close to where I live and I like to see if I can spot local landmarks!
    I've just discovered some nice aubergine (eggplant) recipes - probably best that neither of us use the emoji though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to like aubergines but I cannot abide the texture & yet so many vegetarian dishes include. Will as another broody wounded minister just is too much of the previous story lines. I like the actor that plays Will, just not the scripts.

      Delete
  2. I think we watch and read the same things. I have read most of the RG series. There is a new one coming out soon, I believe. We don’t regularly get PBS, so I won’t get caught up on Grantchester or Endeavour for quite awhile. I will also be interested in the Magpie Mysteries (Murders?) when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up about Magpie Mysteries, I've checked Masterpiece's schedule & this new series starts in October of this year, along with a few other new series.

      Delete
  3. I liked the Indian Doctor when it was on. I haven't watched Grantchester for quite a while now because I got fed up of the story lines. I'd probably re-watch the earlier series if they showed them again though.

    I always think I should like aubergines but never do. I've tried several different recipes but haven't found one I like yet and have given up trying. Well done on finding and enjoying the baba ganoush .... I admire your persistence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aubergines are in the same category as legumes & beans for me - I know I should eat more but alas the texture is just not for me, although having said that, I have tried a new to me 4 bean (legume) salad today ... Mr Man is a fan, I need a little more convincing.

      Delete
  4. TBO and I enjoy Shetland, so thanks for the news about a new series! I agree with you about Grantchester, it should have ended when James Norton left.
    Is it okay to say that I am not a fan of aubergine ... eggplant ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James Norton did a much better job of the broody wounded minister. The baba ganoush has to be a once in a while treat. The actual aubergine itself is such a beautiful veg, I like the colour but that's as far as I go with it :)

      Delete
  5. Hope you are managing to stay cool in that heat! Glad you got some rain. Hope the week ahead is a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The storm overnight has blown most of the heat & humidity away - I threw open all the windows to let fresh air in. This week promises to challenge me on my time management!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for all the book and DVD recommendations - I will immediately go to the library site and see what I can find. I am always on the lookout for something new to read or watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help with books & DVDs. I've checked out the series coming up in October on Masterpiece, that AC recommended, The Magpie Mysteries.

      Delete
  7. Typically, I'd find your comment about Christmas terrifying, but this year I already have 50+ Christmas cards finished and 10 more in the works, so I'm feeling pretty good about the holiday. Nonetheless, it also means that cold, dreary weather is just 5 months away, and that IS depressing! Our local grocery store chain, Wegmans, makes a wonderful baba ganoush which I love, especially with raw vegetables. I finished three wonderful books in the last two weeks that Sarah brought me--all were speculative fiction--a term I wasn't totally familiar with, and a genre I wouldn't have thought would appeal to me. But I enjoyed all of them: "This Time Tomorrow" (a different kind of time travel), "The Cartographers" (my favorite of the three), and "The Measure"--a fascinating look at the issue of mortality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love Christmas but also not a fan of winter's worst although I cannot imagine celebrating Christmas in warm weather (sorry Australia). I've finally finished up the 56+ cards for the seniors residence & now have supplies out to begin the Christmas cards. Thankfully I don't have as many cards as you to make & send. I have to stop now looking at inspiration otherwise I won't settle on my two (maybe 3) designs of my Christmas cards. I've got one of your 3 book recommendations on order at the library :)

      Delete
  8. Yes, time is passing! I am trying to live in the present moment.
    We quite like Shetland!
    (ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hubby and I just finished the first season of the Indian Doctor and are looking for Season 2, without having to subscribe to some service. I didn't think to check our public library. Never got into Grantchester years ago, although I liked a young Robson Green in a few things.

    I have never heard of baba ganoush, but will research it as I do love eggplant.

    ReplyDelete