Monday, October 16, 2023

Me On A Monday - October 16th

Good Morning, I trust & hope that all is well in your corner of the world.  I am choosing to believe this message on the postcard, which was sent to me in 2020 with regards to the pandemic. I think it applies now to the world situation.  Ça va bien aller 

Post Card From My Friend Ruth At This West London Life

 Currently Reading: just finishing up "Make Space For Happiness" by Tracy McCubbin, a YouTuber that I discovered during a week in September of online workshops with Getting Organized 2023.  Tracy made sense to me on her chapter about the magnets of clutter.  My particular magnet is connection; we are talking the stash of scrapping supplies & card making supplies.  The cure is to make connections not collections.

I am also finishing up "The Art of Community" by Charles H. Vogl.  

Currently Watching:  nothing really.  We have tried a number of series with our Brit Box subscription.  If something doesn't come up to entertain or engage us soon, it might be time to say goodbye to that paid subscription.  We watched on regular TV, Unforgotten, the newest series.  I was quite unsatisfied with the ending ... but it does leave the door open for further investigation in the next series.  I won't say what annoyed me as so as not to give anything away for those that haven't seen as yet, but a good pathologist will unravel this !!!

Currently In The Garden: it is that time of year when we say goodbye to days & evenings on the patio & put not only the patio to bed, but the gardens as well. I find it sad to empty the pots of annuals.  

This year we bought two large potted ferns to place around our water feature; they were glorious.  Mr Man has brought the two ferns in, as his goal is to keep them going for the winter.  Good luck honey with this project!

Currently Thinking About: IF I want to do December Daily or not & IF I do, how do I want this project to look. Are any of you planning to do a traditional December Daily album?

Currently Mr Man's Eyes:  he takes 2 steps forward, 1 step back, 4 steps forward, 5 back.  The most positive thing this year has been that he was able to have enough healing to have his eyes tested for new prescription glasses in September which he has since picked up.  It means a return to driving for him!  That certainly calls for cake.

Currently Reviewing OLW: This year my "one little word" (OLW) was actually a phrase of more or less.  Each month I worked on what I wanted more of & what I wanted less of.  While my January intentions were to keep a mini journal about this, I haven't updated that since July.  I did keep a written notebook of each month's success for either more or less.  So as we enter into the last quarter of the year, I'm giving some more attention to wrapping up my OLW of 2023.  How's your OLW for 2023 working for you?

And my question this week; when they talk about domestic home makers, is that to say that there a wild home makers?




12 comments:

  1. Good for the Mr. I don't do photo projects. Sue thrives on them, but I just photograph as the spirit moves. I can't abide prompts and restrictions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found a couple of December photo prompts that look interesting, nothing too challenging. You do so well aiding Sue in her participation of the F/B photo group :)

      Delete
  2. Good news about Mr Man. I've been thinking about December Daily and how it might look this year - I'm going to a Crop in late November, so there may be a DD album option then.
    I can't remember the last time I watched broadcast TV, other than Strictly on a Saturday night.
    Nice postcard! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have will have off shore visitors over December that should be good for a few pages :) Cannot wait to see what you create at the crop in November.

      Delete
  3. Nice card and sentiment.
    Glad to hear that Mr. Man is making progress, even if it is two steps forward and one step back. Wish him well with over-wintering the ferns! Some ferns do grow indoors; you might want to place the pots on some pebbles in a tray filled with water to provide them with enough humidity and close to a heat vent to give them warmth.
    I have just placed a hold on the first book you mentioned. No copies were currently available, but, I look forward to reading it when one does become available.
    My OLW is "Journey", a journey of discovery and personal growth in the company of hope and joy. I am still on my journey although I don't quite know where I am going! LOL.
    Oh, I think I'm a wild home maker; one look around my home and you'll know that I have practically no domestic skills! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL about you being a wild home maker; me too! I believe these ferns are Boston Ferns, they wouldn't survive outside in our winter, although we do have native ferns that come back each spring - they wouldn't do indoors. Mr Man has taken care to ensure the air vent is turned away from the ferns so no direct drying heat, he's spraying every other day. You seem to be having great success with your OLW.

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear about Mr. Man's eyes. It must be a relief for both of you that he's able to drive again. No, to December Daily--I did 11 or 12 years of them and love to look through them. Our Decembers don't seem busy enough anymore to warrant documentation. As for my OLW, I gave up on it quite a few months ago. Like December Daily, I think I'm done with that for awhile at least. Card making seems to keep me busy enough. I'm looking forward to the new series Lessons in Chemistry. I enjoyed the book and will be curious to see how they adapt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I think I'm also done with the OLW projects for now. I'm moving into the mindset of less is more for DD, recording the highlights but with the rise of Covid, Flu, RSV, I think our December will be fairly quiet. Fingers crossed That Brie Larson does the character jusitice :)

      Delete
  5. What good news that Mr Man's eyes have improved enough to be able to share the driving again!
    It's a busy time of year in the garden isn't it? Time to tidy and put things to bed for the colder months. I do hope you manage to save your favourite plants ready to enjoy next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Just having Mr Man able to drive for little errands in the village is a wonderful reief for me. Right now Mr Man's enthusiasm for saving the ferns is good.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to hear Mr. Man can resume the driving activity. Hoorah! I'm starting to bring my indoor plants back in. I'd like to get it done so I don't end up outside in the dark on the night of the first freeze lol That's no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleased to hear that Mr Man can now drive again. It must have been very frustrating for him not to be able to just jump in the car when needed. I haven't scrapped December Daily for a few years now. I just tend to post something, every day, on Instagram that is Christmas related or I'm grateful for.

    ReplyDelete