Monday, February 19, 2024

Me On A Monday - February 19th

 

Good Morning my lovelies, I hope all is well with you.  Today is a statutory holiday in Canada, Family Day.  Always the 3rd Monday in February. Everything is closed, banks, schools, government, grocery stores, malls & worse of all, the library!


Currently Happy:  everything about this floral arrangement is wrong according to decorating experts. The vase is too tall, the arrangement too tall, but in spite of all that, every time I walk by the dining room & see this, I smile. 

Currently Reading: Echoes of Old Books by Barbara Davis. "Main character, Ashlyn Greer owns a book shop & deals in rare books. She is blessed with the ability to feel the emotions & echoes of books' previous owners. Her gift comes alive when she discovers a pair of unpublished books & she becomes caught up in the love, secrets & betrayal & eventual forgiveness of the authors, while sorting through the same emotions of her own life."  A story within a story.

I know that I have a rather different taste in books & this one is definitely satisfying me.  It took me a couple of chapters to be involved with the characters but now I find it a book that is hard to put down.  Thankfully I have the book for 3 weeks, so I may finish within the next day & will re-read before I have to give it back.

Currently Being Social:  I made these little chocolate "cards" to hand out to the folks at church on the 11th & to the ladies of my bible study group on the 14th.  


Currently
 Crafting ... The 100 Day Project started on Sunday the 18th.  I'll be starting with the creation of a few sympathy cards for folks at church, who have recently experienced loss of family members.  I have prepped for the making of milestone birthday cards for church members, along with pages for my own scrapbook pages.  I'm excited to soothe my own frayed self with some time at the crafting table.


My new to me Scottish word describes the last two weeks; 

Dumfungled = to be mentality & physically worn out.  

Thankfully my demfungled-ness is a result of forces/people /situations outside of my own home, Mr Man & I are both well. 

12 comments:

  1. The floral arrangement in lovely--and there is nothing better than fresh flowers in the midst of winter. I received a fabulous bouquet with many colors for Valentine's Day and it's clear to me that I'll have flowers on the table for well over a week. I'm also being soothed by crafting and the #100DayProject has ignited new enthusiasm for crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Flowers, crafting, easy ways to get us through the dreary second winter days.

      Delete
  2. I do love fresh flowers and yours look lovely to me!
    What a thoughtful gift to hand out to your friends, I'm sure they were received with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how quickly the chocolate hearts were gobbled up. It made me a star of the day at church (lol). I'm trying to think of something for Easter.

      Delete
  3. If only I could remember that word.

    What was that word again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family Day is an odd holiday. Provincial government has a day off, Federal does not. We "should" get mail, but you of course know we won't!! We have just had a quiet day around the house here. Hubby had to blow out the driveway this morning, as the snow plow had been by overnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we did not get too much snow on the weekend & it required only the snow shovel. Family Day was quiet in the neighbourhood, so not sure how most were celebrating.

      Delete
  5. Lovely flowers and the arrangement looks just fine to me! The important thing is it makes you smile. :)
    Lovely chocolate cards, too!
    Sounds like another good book! I need to finish reading the books I already have before I borrow another book!
    We have a holiday today, over here: Presidents' Day.
    I'm glad to read that everything is well with you and Mr. Man.
    Enjoy your crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I had some time to do some scrapbooking & it really cheered me up. I meant to say I liked your Pokémon cards.

      Delete
  6. There's no such thing as arranging flowers incorrectly if they provide joy every time you see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. It is surprising how much they made me feel joy. I think "they" will be my February focus page.

      Delete