Monday, February 26, 2024

Me On A Monday - February 26th

 

Good Morning everyone.  I hope that you had a good week & weekend. 

Reporting in on my efforts in the 100 Day Project.  The premise of the 100 Day Project is to choose a creative project(s) & do it every single day for 100 days.  I am working with taking time on the weekend to prep for the project, so I can easily accomplish creation through out the week, when I'll be taking 15 minutes, here & there & if I'm lucky hours on the weekend.  

My creative projects for the 2024 100 Day Project are:

Scrapbooking:  using the stash - no new purchases

1. Date stamp the spines of my albums

2. Finish off any pages in the two 2023 albums; garden & day to day

3. Deal with the Covid album & embellishments once & for all

4. Sort through the photos of Team B; in-laws, "J" & the nieces & nephews, decide which if any photos I want to scrapbook or not & if not, shred * .  Create the layouts of the saved photos.

* I have asked if anyone else in the family would like - there were no offers to offer a home for the photos  😢

Card Making: using the stash - no new purchases

1. Make the mile stone birthday cards for the church members for the year

2. Make birthday cards for friends & family for the next 100 days

3. Use as many of the Paper Pumpkin kits for the above goals

I can report that I have made a start on sorting through photos along with some movement of the Covid album, which I will keep as a separate album. The Covid album has been a PHD and/or a NUTS for  far too long, so it is a top priority to complete. After sifting through all the photos, papers & embellishments, I've decided that this album will cover aspects of the pandemic for 2020 & 2021, after that anything to do with Covid is covered in the day to day albums.   

PHD = projects half done

NUTS = nagging unfinished tasks


How are you coming along with your 100 Day projects? It is not too late to start. 



 


12 comments:

  1. I find it so hard to get rid of photos! I like the idea of PHDs and NUTs, very clever.
    It sounds like you have a good supply of things to carry you through the 100 day project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the photos in my pile of deciding are photos that I inherited. Storage becomes a big driving factor along with just having them hanging around without a home nagged at me continuously. I'm sad about it, but also trying to be realistic. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm on track with the 100DP - I think the key is to smart small so you can tick something off the list within the first few days - works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about keeping my goals within the "doable" range & while date stamping the spines of my albums seems small, I have quite a few that need this attention. Each day a small step forward :)

      Delete
  3. You seem to have good goals and are planning well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reminded of that old quote "the plans of mice & men". Trying to keep the list short so there's forward movement & success! :)

      Delete
  4. I've not heard of NUTs before and I like that acronym as much as I like PHDs! I have several NUTs and at least a couple of PHDs, but, I started on a new crochet project! Need to make a plan to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NUTS, PHDs & Nagging Silent to Do's are far too plentiful in my life right now & I think this is a big cause of my stress & anxiety. I may adopt your OLW of Promptly. I saw your pink yarn, pretty project.

      Delete
  5. love the title of NUTs and PHDs, I have many of those!! I guess working on my temperature crossword would class as a 100 day project? Just put in hat storage in Amazon and there are many choices of storage products to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your temperature cross stitch is definitely a 100 Day Project as would be any of your paintings :) Thanks, I did a hat storage search, most are for baseball caps - I'm looking for church hats storage :)

      Delete
  6. Well, I'm doing better with my 100 Day Project than I am with blog reading. Started tutoring three days a week, and it seems to have thrown off some of my routines. It will all settle down. I've been working every day (as planned). Some days there's a completed card, other days a start, and one day the project ended up in the circular file. About par for the course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding the weekend prep work is gaining me some week day success. Tutoring is such a noble thing to be doing for ESL classes. The cards you are completing are all masterpieces!

      Delete