Monday, June 04, 2018

Me On A Monday - June 4th

Greetings & Good Morning:
 
Source: internet

  A few simple things happening.
The garden is now moving in to the blue & purple bloom cycle.  

New in the shopping cart this week is a find for some veggie options.  These new products are made by a Canadian company, soy, gluten free & full of veggies.  There are three veggie bases; (1) beets (2) carrots (3) broccoli.  The broccoli with garlic is my favourite, then I would pick the carrot base with curry, although there was a little heat, my tummy was ok with it & third would be the beets with black beans & some major heat - oh that one required a glass of milk & a maybe not again thought.


These patties are quite versatile in that you can cook/heat them in the toaster just like a piece of bread, cook in a pan or even on the barbeque.   

I sat on this pretty porch & had tea with a friend, we talked of many things ... solved no problems.



Currently I am not reading anything, picking up & thumbing through some old books but nothing is catching my interest at the moment.  I am on the wait list for a few books from the library.

Attended a card making workshop on Sunday night.  Picked up the new Stampin Up catalogue - oh lots of goodies to drool over but I think for now I'll just stamp at the workshops.  These are the 3 cards I made this Sunday.




Happy week to all, let us all be kind & speak softly to ourselves.



17 comments:

  1. That porch loved very inviting … I'd like to join you there for a cuppa and a chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ruth that would be splendid to have a cuppa & chat with you, I'll bake.

      Delete
  2. Is there room for one more on that porch? It looks so inviting and just the place to sit and put the world to rights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely room for more. Sometimes just talking about woes & bothers makes them all seem smaller & less powerful.

      Delete
  3. Me too - I could do with a friendly natter and a cup of tea at that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Lady Ella please join us, stop & pick Eileen up on the way. Good thing I've baked two rhubarb loaves. This porch certainly makes me want to have one built on our house.

      Delete
    2. Can I be difficult and have coffee please. I'm not a tea drinker.

      Delete
    3. Not difficult at all Eileen, we have one of those single cup coffee makers, so easy peasy; so glad you are joining us.

      Delete
    4. Oh well I don't mind whether tea or coffee - whatever's going. And yes please to a slice of your rhubarb loaf ... I never had any success baking that so I need to see an expert's result.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely setting for a talk. Sometimes just talking is enough, even if no problems are solved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always believed what my Gran said, tea cures all that ails you & yes that other saying, troubles shared are troubles halved.

      Delete
  5. I attended a Stampin Up class given by my friend Trudy and came away with some nice cards - can't seem to manage anything on my own! Will be looking for the veggie burgers when I go shopping on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris I found the veggie burgers locally at a Metro grocery. Our Zehrs (Loblaws) did not have. I am a timid stamper at home, die cutting & stickers are my stronger skills :)

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful porch! If it were mine, I'd have a hard time getting off of it to do anything. Lovely cards; I especially like that pink butterfly that reminds me of stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I too am glad I'm just a visitor because it would be perfect for reading, watching the world go by or having tea with invited or drop in friends.

      Delete
  7. Like everyone else I would like a sit and a cuppa on that porch. Coffee if it’s morning and tea if it’s afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing you cannot see in the porch photo is the need for mosquitoes lights as the house frontage is in dense tree coverage, but easy to keep those nasty blood sucking things at bay ... now let me make you a cup of coffee ...

      Delete