Thursday, June 28, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Promises Of More


In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.    What have you noticed this week?  
  See what others have noticed:  
Maggie at Farmer's Wife Day by Day
Karen at Random Reflections

This week what I am noticing is more of my own thinking, wondering puzzling & with Summer's arrival & all her promises of happy days, I looked about my garden & saw the promises of more blooms, more beauty unfolding, more fragrance.  Umm may be in July I may Focus on the "more" in my life.  I've heard Peonies described as the Queen Of The Garden.

These are three of my 6 Herbaceous Peonies clumps or as some call them Garden Peonies.   There is a clump of Garden Peonies in a cemetery in North Toronto that is documented as being over 150 years old!  Now that is a gift of more.



 

13 comments:

  1. Lovely. Our peonies hardly had any blooms this year. I'm totally puzzled as there were many in the area which were really lush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen my experience with peonies are that they are quite a moody & sometimes sulky plant. I tried moving & dividing one Sarah Bernhardt & she sulked for 3 years before I got any blooms. I heavily feed in the spring just as the thaw comes out of the ground. But mostly I think it's just luck.

      Delete
  2. I've never had peonies, but they are gorgeous flowers and I'm glad you brightened my day with these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could brighten your day. I will be posting on Monday some of the peonies in full bloom. We are experiencing a humidity wave so everything is wilting quickly ...

      Delete
    2. I'll look forward to seeing them. The humidity is high here, too, and the _people_ are wilting ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. The white peonies in particular smell wonderful - we have got to get the technology to share those scents.

      Delete
  4. I love peonies. Mine have recently been transplanted - some tolerated it, some didn't. I read that it's a myth that they don't like being moved - as long as you don't plant too deep. I don't know if that's true but at any rate I have moved mine a lot and never had any disasters (till now?)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope all your peonies that made the move will take root (but not too deeply) & bloom gloriously for you next year. I always think that gardening has just a smig of luck to it. :)

      Delete
  5. My peonies came and went very quickly this year - I didn't even get a chance to cut any before they were drooping! I think it was the hot week we had at the beginning of June. I have one bright pink and one white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris I think the heat did not help & then that 3 days of heavy rains. My were all beaten down by the rain. Luckily I picked a few before the heat & rain & I had indoor joy :)

      Delete
  6. Peonies are so beautiful aren't they? But they are so fragile, you really have to make the most of them while they are here. That deep pink one is such a gorgeous colour - Pretty in Pink shot maybe?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb I agree, peonies are SO beautiful & fragrant. I've seen a lot of bridal bouquets lately that include peonies. The deep pink put on quite an in bloom show, it is a very happy plant.

      Delete