Thursday, June 14, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Strength

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.    What have you noticed this week?  
See what others have found:
Maggie at Farmer's Wife Day by Day

This week I have been reading a lot about strength.  Strength within yourself, strength within groups, countries, beliefs, convictions & such.  It seems to be about how we deal with adversities thrown into our life path. We can either embrace the obstacle, working with it or we can oppose the obstacle & try to remove/move it. It is wisdom to know when the obstacle is one or the other.  I was also doing some work with my One Little Word for 2018 (Focus) & needed to find some photos that represented to me, strength when dealing with life's challenges & adversities & I found these photos in my collection.  Nature for me is always a source of calm & inspiration.  These trees all seem to have embraced the obstacle in their path to growth.





12 comments:

  1. Trees are amazing aren't they, how they adapt to whatever is in their way. I love the first photo - is this quite near to your home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most fascinated by trees growing around or through rocks & trees in general, such majesty. These are from 3 different areas but all within a couple 1-2 hours drive from us.

      Delete
  2. These are indeed amazing. It sounds as if I should have been reading what you've been reading. I quite forgot about my OLW. And I am way too prone to working with obstacles rather than removing them. WAY too prone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that just maybe not all obstacles put in our path are meant to be avoided but rather worked with to help develop us, our ability of resiliency to develop. Yes some need to be totally removed or maybe we take another path. I have to stop just sitting staring at my obstacle(s) other wise I become the rock in the path, solid, unmovable ...

      Delete
  3. I love trees, and these visible roots are inspiring! Perfect examples of strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I too love trees, there is so much we can learn from them; deep roots so the storms of life don't blow us over; keep our heads in the sunshine, take the air, breathe it it & return better for others to use ...

      Delete
  4. Isn't Mother Nature clever? Those trees are fantastic - and a good prompt for your OLW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother Nature is our best teacher. Of my 3 examples here, I noticed all are cedar trees which seem to have the best flexible bark/trunks for moving around & embracing the immovable rocks.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous representations of strength!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree---these are a wonderful representation of strength. I'm not sure I would have made the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog,
    I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density,
    which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    winwin

    ReplyDelete