Monday, July 09, 2018

Me On A Monday - July 9th

Good Morning from the patio.
Lovely weekend with lots of time enjoying the sights & sounds from the patio.  It was neither too hot nor too windy, just perfect for sitting & enjoying the new water feature which  gives some pleasant background water sounds.

We have a cord from the umbrella to the patio frame to keep it steady in some of the breezes that want to rock the umbrella from it's stand & to give a visual notice with a garden theme, I peg pretty gardening gloves on the rope.
 My once circle patio in the lower garden was an enjoyable place to sit but of late I have been using it as my flower pot nursery & it's the bird's bathing area.  I have 2 of my 3 tomato plants there along with two pots of sweet peas.  I never have any luck with planting the sweet peas in the garden - fingers crossed I get a sweet smelling crop of sweet peas.  There is also two mixed floral pots.

We heard & saw the horse show held at the farm behind us.  They host a show the 2nd Sunday of May, June, July & August.  The morning is for English style riding & the afternoon for Western style riding.  The winter wheat in the field between us is ripening quickly.


We are very disappointed that those really nice patio lanterns had to go back.  In spite of being advertised as outdoor lights, they were not weather proof & the glass bulb filled with water & shorted out the electronics.  So we are on the search for some replacements.  The store we purchased at were very nice about returning & refunding.

Read "Britt Marie Was Here"; been there, done that. 

I also have been reading, glancing & marking lots of scrap ideas from this magazine.

I hope everyone has a fabulous week.  I leave you with this quote; 
"I may not know the key to success but I do know the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

19 comments:

  1. That's a lovely shot of your garden! I'm hoping my sub copy of SCT arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely patio area. Too bad about the lights - hopefully you'll find some you like. We have winter wheat around us, too. I always prefer it to soybeans. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. I don't like it when we have corn planted behind us, it brings the raccoons out in full force.

      Delete
  3. Your patio is so lovely & I really like the idea of the added water feature. It's always so soothing to hear water, I think. Clipping the cute gloves to the line is a perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. Water is so nice & this water feature is a stop gap until I find the perfect raised pond feature that we can afford.

      Delete
  4. I've always had a kind of casual, cluttered, messy patio plant arrangement, but every time I see photos of your patio I'm drawn towards the cleaner look you have. It might well mean fewer plants here, but I've decided to use you as inspiration for my next year plan. Thanks! I _love_ your water feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D&S, glad I can provide inspiration. Your patio does look very inviting so I hope you don't change to much.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. Some days the sounds are quite idyllic, like most of this past weekend. There are some days the howling dog or the barking dogs are too much sound for me!

      Delete
  6. Cute chipmunk. Was he in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Chris this chipmunk is one of our too many resident chipmunks. We have at least 6 we can individually identify by scars, missing tails, chewed tails & size. Right now the chipmunks & I are in a disagreement about whether they should chew off my rose buds or not - I say no!

      Delete
  7. Such a great quote and love your patio, so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy & yes our patio is my little bit of heaven ...

      Delete
  8. How lovely your garden is looking, Mary-Lou. Looks like you are enjoying good weather, like us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie, the weather has been not too bad, humidity is to return for the weekend :(

      Delete
  9. Great new water feature. That horse show looks close. I hope it wasn’t too noisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. The water feature is not my "perfect" one, but for now it will do just nicely. The horse show is fairly close & I can watch some of the classes & if I want a closer look, it's a little wander around the edge of the wheat field (I would never walk through a crop).

      Delete
  10. Your patio is simply lovely! I would be spending lots of time there as well. We've missed sitting on the patio this summer as it's been too hot to be out there most days. There's supposed to be a break in this most recent heat wave in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete