Sunday, August 05, 2018

Five In Five On The 5th - Armed In August

Today I am joining in with Sandie's monthly meme of taking five photos in five minutes on the 5th of the month.  You can go here to link in & to see what others have shared.  Sandie at Itchifingers

Mr Man & I had an errand to run today but once done we thought we would take a less direct drive home to maybe find some items on the SPSH.  We saw some lake side views along one roadway & decided to pull into a business's parking lot to get a closer look.  Surely a marina would have bells!
Enticing Lake Views

Turns out the parking lot was that of one of the many branches of the  Royal Canadian Legion.  Found nothing for the SPSH but did find some interesting things for today's agenda - 5 in 5 on the 5th.

Saw lots of geese as I walked down to the lake's edge.  They must be military geese because it was a mine field of goose poop!



As I found nothing for the SPSH I got back into the car & we drove around the buildings to discover a very interesting display of real military items; 

 a tank - Howitzer  ( the sign says do not sit,stand or climb on the 109 Howitzer tank)

an armored personnel carrier -


F86 Super Sabre
 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you have WINGS there on the Super Sabre so you did find something for the SPSH after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a framed view in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is Eileen - I was going for a look without the geese (col). By the amount of poop you would have thought there was 1000's (well maybe in spring & fall there is).

      Delete
  3. Gotta love Canada Geese. At least they make you watch where you are walking (and I guess it's all good fertilizer!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about it being good fertilizer, I think like chicken manure it's got to age otherwise it burns. I know at several of the local beaches there is a swimming ban on because of the goose poop!

      Delete
  4. I love how we manage to find photos for the SPSH and don't even realize it! Fun post; who knew what would be around the corner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still finding things for old SPSH & WPSH - it really makes you look at everything as a potential "find". I may have had a hand in setting some of this year's SPSH, but some are not coming easy.

      Delete
  5. Well I see a framed view, a trio of three twice (seats and geese) in one picture and definitely wings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and forgot to say I had forgotten the 5 in 5 for this month. It will have to bee 5 in 5 on the 7th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After snapping tons (tons!) of photos over the past two weeks, I only have one shot from yesterday as we were traveling home.

    Great finds - such a lovely pond & interesting military display!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be tempted by those green lake-side chairs. What a view! Those geese, though. They're such pests.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how photo challenges can open our eyes to new possibility and take us places we might not otherwise go. I have missed the clues for SPSH so I need to look for these as I love taking part. I know what you mean by goose poo, as we have a local reservoir and the geese may their presence very clear! It was interesting finding the military display, and it is always good to go off track to find new things. Thank you for sharing your photos and linking to 5in5.

    ReplyDelete