Thursday, August 02, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Light

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  
 
See what others have noticed:  
Maggie at Farmer's Wife Day by Day
Karen at Random Reflections
Eileen at  A Bracelet of Days
Melissa at Daily Life - Bits & Piece



These three four are lights & ceiling medallions from a stately home we had visited, Dundurn Castle.  Such detail work in the medallions along with the beauty of glass for that time period.  


Dundurn Castle (now museum) is a  40-room Italianate-style villa built in the 1830’s on Burlington Heights; the former site of a fortified military encampment established by the British in 1813. Once home to Sir Allan Napier MacNab, railway magnate, lawyer and Premier of the United Canadas (1854-1856) and his family.  Today Dundurn Castle tells the story of the family who lived above stairs and the servants who lived and worked below stairs to support their affluent lifestyle. Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall is the museum’s Patron and the great, great, great granddaughter of Sir Allan MacNab.




 

9 comments:

  1. Such a variety of chandeliers. I wonder who went shopping for them! I like the rose of the second picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just kept thinking, oh I'm so glad I'm not the one dusting those things. Beautiful but ...

      Delete
  2. oooo, you just don't see finishes like that any more. Or at least I don't unless I tour historic homes. I love those details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All over the house was examples of custom made skirting boards, crown molding & the ceiling work.

      Delete
  3. So pretty, but I'm wondering how long it takes to clean them (they probably have a maid come in to do that though!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the tour staff may have a hand in tidying/cleaning, just very glad it's not my job. Chandeliers at Buckingham Palace I heard don't get cleaned weekly or even monthly, now that would be a full time job!

      Delete
  4. Great collection for Take Three! Too ornate for my house, but gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I agree too ornate & too much to keep beautiful. The whole upstairs / downstairs life style had a real emphasis in the tour. Downstairs life was no Downton Abbey!

      Delete