Thursday, August 09, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Tea

So many t's today ...
 
In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  
 
See what others have noticed:  
Maggie at Farmer's Wife Day by Day 

Eileen at  A Bracelet of Days

I like going out for afternoon tea, it is something that I have enjoyed even as a younger person.  My Gran use to make afternoon tea special when I stayed with her & my Mother at times would go all out for at home tea parties.  When I watch Downton Abbey, the afternoon tea are some of my favourite moments.  I like the dress/hat part too.  I have a couple of books of how to conduct tea parties properly (col).  

Before the barn I rode at was sold, I use to organize an afternoon tea outing with the ladies.  We would all dress up, hats, dresses & sometimes gloves.  Such fun to get out of our normal barn attire.  Now that everyone is riding at different barns, there does not seem to be the interest in gathering ... alas change.

Many of the tea places that I have enjoyed this treat at, have either closed shop or raised the prices that make this a maybe once a year treat... alas change.  

Never mind, here's three of my happy memory Afternoon Tea outings.

Tea Exploring In Burlington

Afternoon Tea On The Lawn at Castle Kilbride

Tea at Taylor's Tearoom - a favourite



20 comments:

  1. Those look so tempting! There is also something special about drinking tea from a proper cup and saucer, too. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the tea cups/saucer just raise it to a new level of enjoyment. I try to find a new tea place for my birthday every year. This year's find might be extra special! =^..^=

      Delete
  2. I have lots of wonderful memories linked with afternoon teas so it's lovely to see these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I hope you have a marvelous holiday & that just maybe you find an afternoon source.

      Delete
  3. I love afternoon tea, but prices do seem to take it out of range except for a special treat. It's not hard to do at home, though, if you have some pretty dishes. I love that cup and saucer and the real cloth table cloths, and I'd love to have one of those double or triple layered pieces for the table. Wouldn't that take tea at home to a whole 'nother level! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have being doing a search of the charity shops for 2 or 4 tiered plate; I agree it takes afternoon tea parties at home to a whole new level (col).

      Delete
  4. I know I would enjoy any one of these, but the second one looks especially appealing. I don't think I've ever had a "high tea."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes "Afternoon Tea at Castle Kilbride" was so much fun & that particular day we were the only ones there so had the staff's full attention & since freshly made scones cannot be saved, I easily got a second helping!

      Delete
  5. Afternoon teas are really popular here too. It's so nice to make that special effort to make everything look nice and taste delicious. The nicest one I have been to was a Mad Hatters Tea where nothing was quite as it seemed! It really was a very imaginative afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a Mad Hatter tea party theme at one of the hotels near a theatre that was featuring Alice Through the Looking Glass, it was geared towards to kids but I wasn't the only adult there! I am all for themed tea parties; there's lots of Downton Abbey themed ones & once I saw a Titanic themed one.

      Delete
  6. My tummy's rumbling! I do like an afternoon tea - it feels so civilised. It does seem to be a good excuse for over-charging, but if you know where to go round here, you can get some delicious spreads at relatively reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often switch with Mr Man, my portion of sweets for his scone, my tummy is always rumbling for a scone. I continue in my search for new or undiscovered to me tea shops or places that provide an afternoon tea service. Umm maybe there's a calling in there for me. I could start a review column, prompt those places of excellence ...

      Delete
  7. There is something so relaxing and genteel about afternoon tea and your photos just capture that perfectly with those pretty cakestands. When I was growing up, every café had them ... Thank-you for the happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help, memory treasures shared. Your previous meme of Tea together was one of my favourites long before I could comment or blog.

      Delete
  8. They all look delicious....how very civilized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I've noticed that many of the afternoon teas have notices of putting away your cell phone - I think that helps with being civilized, it helps to keep the tone & noise level to a din & respectful. Nothing worse than someone beside you having a chat on their cell phone ... I'll say no more.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely tradition - we have nothing comparable, but I do enjoy getting together with friends when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Everything looks so delicious! And now, I am feeling hungry!

    ReplyDelete