Friday, January 03, 2020

WPSH - First Link In

In case you have missed it, Eileen at A Bracelet of Days is hosting the 2019/2020 Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt.

The search runs from December 1st 2019 to March 31st 2020. The usual rules apply so all photos must be your own work and must be taken between December 1st 2019 and March 31st 2020.

Eileen will be hosting a link up at the end of each month so you can share your finds.
 
Here are a few of my first finds for search:
 
#14 Flavour of The Season: Candy Cane

#16 A Barrier: to my success of better eating
 

#18 A Chain


#19 An Alley

#20 Monochrome: Snow (of course)

 
Here's the list:
  1. in the bag
  2. contrast
  3. the way to go
  4. colours
  5. a garden gate
  6. vintage 
  7. I stood here
  8. 11 o'clock
  9. solitary
  10. the little things
  11. industrial
  12. time for tea
  13. a keyhole
  14. flavour of the month
  15. letters
  16. a barrier
  17. a line
  18. a chain
  19. an alley
  20. monochrome, i.e. varying shades of the same colour

If you find any of the above hard to get you may substitute one or both of the subjects below.


Alt A. chequers or chess

Alt B. a community market

22 comments:

  1. You've made a great start. I love the snow for monochrome ... if you must have snow you may as well make use of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Most of the snow has now gone with two days of + temperatures & rain/drizzle although I know it will be back, soon.

      Delete
  2. Have never tried this but I see a few subjects that I might be able to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris you should join us, it's fun & it's not a competition, get all, or get just some. I think with searches it encourages us to get out & see things, the ordinary things.

      Delete
  3. Hehee # 16 made me laugh. :) That's a very creative and out of the box interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. To me that's what doing WPSH & SPSH are all about - fun.

      Delete
  4. Oh, those are great finds! I love your interpretation of "a barrier" and snow for the monochrome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I was gifted that box of chocolates, I thought oh no I need to create a barrier around it & then I thought SPSH!

      Delete
  5. I love your choice for 'barrier' - what a brilliant one. Our local supermarket has just started to stock Godiva chocolate and I have to drag myself away before temptation can make a bar (or two) get added to my basket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Godiva chocolates were a gift & it's rare to find locally Godiva milk chocolate goodies & then combined with caramel, so my friend thought he just had to buy for me. Mr Man has hidden the box to remove temptation!

      Delete
  6. It's a great start, and I'm another fan of your interpretation of "Barrier." I'm having a hard time getting started this round. Probably won't post until the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter searches are sometimes hard to find outside of the house as weather becomes a challenge. That barrier is one I could say about many things - eating better when I still feel under the weather is pushing a few too many buttons.

      Delete
  7. Yes, you have done well - I haven't even given it a thought! There's just one thing wrong with the top photo: the plate needs to say "Cookies for Ella" - they look yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Ha - if cookies would ship better, I'd send a batch to you. I must admit they were good dunkers in tea.

      Delete
  8. PS. I hope you are now winning the fight against the super-lurgy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This super cold virus is just going on & on, although I am thankful each day sees an improvement but 4 weeks of it have me feeling sorry for myself.

      Delete
  9. Fabulous finds!! I can definitely relate to the "barrier"!! I really like all the textures & colors in the chain photo & the snow looks pretty ... and cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. We just had another bout of snow & now the winds are picking up - today is a day to admire from inside. The chain photo was one that literally was staring me in the face as I was helping a friend with her Christmas clean up & her building uses a dumpster service.

      Delete
  10. That's a great start - and here's another who loved your 'barrier'! I like how open to interpretation these prompts are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen has created a good list of searches, I do hope you join in Alexa.

      Delete
  11. Your Barrier photo is a clever piece of abstract thinking!

    ReplyDelete