Monday, December 21, 2020

Me On Monday - December 21st

Welcome to the official arrival of Winter.  Old Man Winter arrived in this part of the world at 5:02AM.  This is one seasonal guest I am not happy to see; "here's your hat, what's your hurry".

In the midst of all the hustle & bustle of Christmas, I took some time to attend to Eileen's WPSH list.  If you haven't seen the list, you can check it out here at her blog site: Bracelet of Days - Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt

 

These are my first finds for the search:

# 1 A Set of Three: what better 3 than the Three Wise Guys I made in ceramics class many a year ago.

 #5 A Treasured Item: This must be a treasured item because I have never unboxed it. I believe it was bought as a gift but I cannot remember for who.  This year, I'm gifting myself the Christmas mug, with lid.

#9 Weather Conditions: My footprints in freshly fallen snow.  This is so Canadian of me

#10 Work In Progress:  Some of the new items in my already too much, Christmas scrapping stash.  Ideas abound for layouts, just waiting for the photos in the lost Christmas mail.

 #13 Something Beginning With C:  Canadian Geese, on mass at one of our favourite parks.  These Canadian Geese produce a lot of something that also starts with C.

#18 Something You Do Every Day:  Feed my fur girls, it's the first thing I do every morning & last thing at night.  

This is Smoke ensuring I've put the correct food & the right amount into the bowls. Each bowl has a different type of crunch cat food; the one Smoke is eating is the Oral Care to keep their teeth in tip top shape & condition.  Thankfully they love it.

 #20 Marking Time:  At this time of year it's all about the count down to December 25th via the Advent Calendar.  I made this clip board Advent Calendar.  The beautiful crocheted Christmas Tree was from a friend, who's talents are shared with me.

Alt A. In Pieces:  This is Rudy the Reindeer, who for storage purposes is easily disassembled but thankfully goes back together quickly.  This wooden reindeer was made for me by a lady I rode with & I use to take care of her horse when she was away.  She has since passed away, so it could also work for #5.

 

Rudy assembled.

 

I'll finish today's post with a quote, that is the opening for my 2020 December Reason Why page. For me, it sums up what I need to remember about Christmas, during lock down restrictions.  Some moments I can focus on the joy in our lives, some moments I struggle like a whiny 3 year old.  I'll say no more ...

"The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives. 

Russell M. Nelson

 

20 comments:

  1. That's the quote I needed to hear today! Following our much harsher restrictions for our area this weekend I've had my inner whiny 3 year old showing up far too often!
    Love the photos you've shared - those crisp footprints in the snow are so good, lucky to find some snow that no one else has had their feet/paws/claws in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We start a 28 day lock down on the 24th & Mother Nature is bringing us a "major" winter storm on the 24th - certainly the message is stay home. I've decided like any whiny 3 year old, afternoon naps are being reinstalled daily!

      Delete
  2. Your three Wise Men are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have Mary Jesus & Joseph that goes with them. My idea was to make them look like wood.

      Delete
  3. You've made a great start. I love the three kings (Wow! if you made them yourself), and the footprints in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In ceramic class you buy the forms already made & then go through the process of cleaning, firing, painting or in this case staining. I also made a Mary,Jesus & Joseph statue in the same finish - it is meant to look like wood.

      Delete
  4. That's a good quote on which to reflect. I like your photo hunt snaps, especially the wise men. I have started on the list as well, but my snaps aren't looking very inspired so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pondered on this quote quite a bit over the last day. I am hoping that as we now move to more sunlight I can capture better images for the WPSH.

      Delete
  5. Those ceramic Wise Men are superb, well done you, such talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I'm wondering if I could find a ceramic place again - I remember liking it because it helped me feel creative.

      Delete
  6. I'm feeling a kinship with this post because of the Rudolph. We have one like that made for my mother by her baby brother. You have the perfect image for "3"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rudy was such a surprise when my friend made & gave to me. I think of her throughout the year, but when I bring Rudy out, I have many moments, both happy & sad.

      Delete
  7. Happy first day of Winter! Loved the picture of the footsteps in the snow! I like all your WPSH pictures and the three "wise guys" you made are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Rudy! What a very smart bow he has!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ceramic wise men are just fabulous! I enjoyed all the photos. I printed out the list of items, but like the summer one, I'm slow to get going. Your quote is timely and thought-provoking. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that over the next 28 days of lockdown, I'll have time to figure out some more for the list. When I first saw this quote, I immediately sparked that yes this is the message for COVID Christmas 2020. Happy Christmas to you & yours.

      Delete
  10. Splendid Wise Men - how creative and talented you are! I like that quotation very much, and need to hold it close right now. Canada geese - yes, we have the same problem too, in that the grass in the park has disappeared in places (lovely as they are).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am re-reading that quote several times a day. I was so sorry to hear of all your cancelled Christmas plans - it sucks! Canadian Geese are certainly beautiful, but oh my the poop!

      Delete