Monday, December 07, 2020

Me On A Monday - December 7th

 Ho Ho Ho & Good Morning Everyone.  18 days to go until Christmas Day - I am already feeling the need to dig out that pause button. 

Currently Adding:  this new ornament to the horse tree. It's Santa riding a dressage horse - dressage is the equestrian discipline I am part of.



Currently Sorting A Mix Up:  Earlier in the week I helped with the promotion of my church's online bazaar efforts & I sold two baskets - yeah.  One of the ladies that is allowed to go into the church at any time is responsible for getting the sold baskets wrapped & out to people.  I sent her the basket numbers along photos of the requested baskets & offered to deliver to the purchasers.  I ordered #2 Basket & #5 Basket.  So far these are the only two baskets sold.

Basket #2: quilted Christmas tea cozy; Christmas Eve & Christmas Morning & Stash teas, 2 reindeer mugs, a cookie plate & napkins. 

Basket #5: Santa Claus; crackers; quilted stockings; mug, tags, napkins, plate, tags, battery candles & an ornament in a cloth basket.

When I picked up at the church, both baskets were wrapped so I couldn't easily identify what I was given.  Turns out what I delivered was #1 Basket, & #2
Basket not #5 Basket.  The #5 Basket purchaser was NOT happy with Basket #1, so I had to refund her the money, which I was not really budgeting for.  It's for church & I really don't want to upset the lady looking after the baskets, so I've kept.

Basket #1 (which is nice): trivet, 2 mugs, Christmas Eve & Christmas Morning Stash teas, napkins. 

I've taken basket #1 apart & made into three smaller thank you gifts. The teas & mugs one gift; snowman trivet (I'll put chocolate treats on it) & napkins another gift & I'll purchase a plant to put into the tin snowman basket.  There shopping done!

Currently Learning:  I will be playing Zoom bingo this Wednesday morning in the wrap up of my bible study group.  I've never played bingo.  I cannot believe the excitement of some in the group.   

Currently Crafting:  I've made lots of cards & this year I will be sending not only to my family & friends, but 13 to seniors living in a senior's residence who because of the lock downs in their area (near our nation's capital city of Ottawa) won't be able to see family over the holidays.  I've also made 6 cards to send to folks serving overseas in the Canadian military as I did last year.  This is a sampling of some of the cards I have been making.


Currently Very Tired, I am having great difficulty staying asleep - I wake about 3am & begin to toss & turn, then my mind begins racing.  If I try to have a nap in the afternoon, then I cannot fall asleep that night.  I know some of you have shared sleeping woes ... any solutions, does it just work itself out?  I've read that collectively the world population are experiencing more vivid dreams since this pandemic began.  Now this I believe gives rise to the theory of collective energy.  I'll say no more for now.

I hope everyone has a delightful week ahead, for me I have a few more cards to make & reading up on bingo rules ...

14 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear you found an inventive solution to the mix up with the baskets! All's well that ends well.
    I have a solution for those early morning wake ups that works for me - but it involves listening to a podcast with small earphones in your ears so it may not be comfortable for you, I haven't strangled myself with wires yet ;-) My podcast app allows me to set how long the podcast plays for before it switches itself off, so when I wake up, I put one earphone in, turn on my side so the non earphoned ear is on the pillow, and listen to 15 mins of a podcast. I can almost guarantee that I only hear 10 mins of the time allotted before I go back into a good sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pod cast suggestion is a good one, thankyou. I have some CDs of a favourite story teller, I should try with him first, ear buds are a good way to ensure no one else is disturbed.

      Delete
  2. When I have periods of poor sleep I tend to just go with the flow. I stick to my normal bed time and continue to get up at the usual time, and I usually find that the lack of sleep soon rights itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`ve been told that this pandemic is a cause for many having interrupted sleep patterns. Hopefully soon, bad sleep & this virus are things of the past ... the Ghost of Christmas Past!

      Delete
  3. It's a shame about the mix-up, but I'm happy you're satisfied with your solution. My sleeping woes haven't worked themselves out :( I wake up every 2 hours *sigh* and sometimes I just can't go back to sleep. Sometimes I read for a while, but that's not a great "solution". I'll follow comments here to see what folks suggest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`ve tried all the usual remedies; turning off all things at least an hour before bed, ensuring a cool night time temperature, not too many blankets or pillows, the cats have been given boxes beside the bed to sleep in rather than on me. My friend just gave up & started a prescription medication, which I am most reluctant to do.

      Delete
  4. I experience the same sleep problems, but not as often as I did when I was working full-time. I try to do breath prayers when I can't get back to sleep. I'd say it's effective about 75% of the time. When it doesn't work, I just pretend to be asleep (my mother's suggestion). The problem is I can be awake for an hour or an hour and a half, then go back to sleep at the time I'd like to be getting up! Those were beautiful baskets. I'm glad you found a satisfactory solution to the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your Mother`s suggestion. One of my friends suggested I start counting backwards, she starts at 100 & usually only gets to 45ish ... I`ll give that a try because it would stop my mind from racing with all kinds of thoughts, which seems to be a core problem of not getting back to sleep. The basket solution was found because I just couldn`t bring myself to upset the lady at church, she`s had a rough year.

      Delete
  5. You've been very creative on the Christmas card front (and this recipient is grateful to have received one yesterday).
    The Christmas baskets are lovely and it's disappointing about the mix-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed with both our countries postal systems. With all the extra seasonal mail & packages, I worried it would be after the 25th for delivery. The basket mix up annoyed me at first, but thankfully reason/kindness kicked in; I want to stay on Santa's "nice" list.

      Delete
  6. Nice save on the basket situation. And I love your cards, such wonderful variety. I am afraid that COVID has wreaked havoc on my sleeping as well. Lately, I have been starting the same video to watch and setting the TV to go off after 30 minutes. It has been working well for getting me to sleep, I am out before the TV goes off. But I still wake a time or two. I hate this because I used to be able to get 8 solid hours, and now I am lucky to get 6.5. I hope things return to normal eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading up more on this new syndrome of COVID - bad sleep. Lots of recommendations from the experts. I've never been a consistently good sleeper, but this is a long spell of bad to no sleep. I am trying not to make it worst by worrying about it. I am going to check our TV to see if there's a timer on it, I often fall asleep in front of it - now to make it a tool!

      Delete
  7. That was very kind of you to absorb the additional cost of a basket in order to spare upsetting the other lady. I'm glad you found a way to make use of the contents of the basket, too.

    Your cards are beautiful!

    As for sleep problems, well, my problem is I'm a night owl! I generally go to bed after 3:00 a.m. and then, don't want to wake up until mid-morning at the earliest! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I've been making another round of cards. It is a wonderful exercise to use up bits of scrap paper. I've never been a night owl & once awake, I'm up, so 3am wakings is not good as my days become quite long & by 6pm I feel as though I'm wading through jam.

      Delete