Monday, March 29, 2021

Me On A Monday - March 29th

 Good Morning.   I am sharing a favourite, quick & simple coffee cake recipe. It's a perfect treat for Easter morning or just divine with afternoon tea.  I hope you enjoy.


Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake 

3/4 cup butter, room temperature

1 1/2 cups sugar (white granulated)

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup sour cream

 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used chopped almonds)

1 tbsp ground cinnamon

1/4 cup sugar (white granulated)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch bundt pan.

Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Pour flour mixture into batter alternately with the sour cream, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in nuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.


20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LOL. I think I'd be crossing several lockdown zones.

      Delete
  2. This sounds good, but I think I will substitute pecans. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would love this - two of his favourite flavours made into a cake - looks like I will have to buy myself a bundt tin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made in a loaf pan before. The bundt tin just makes it look prettier.

      Delete
  4. nom nom nom :) I never have sour cream, but I can put it on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of it, but I only really like coffee in a mug with a lot of hot milk these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be perfect with your mug of coffee. I think it's called coffee cake not because coffee in the cake but something to enjoy with your mug of coffee. :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds tasty and I might well try it! (May I confirm, there is no coffee actually in it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a drop of coffee in the cake & I can confirm it is delicious to enjoy with a cup of tea. :)

      Delete
  7. Put the kettle on, I'm coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I might have to add sour cream to the next grocery shopping order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have a small container in the frig of sour cream light, Mr Man likes it with his cucumbers.

      Delete
  9. It sounds lovely but I will resist the temptation and smugly carry on with the weight loss 🤭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHaHa ... you will probably be the winner on this, because one piece is never enough, one piece is too much.

      Delete