Monday, June 28, 2021

Me On A Monday - June 28th

  

Good Morning - let's rock this Monday!

What's that old saying ... "been there, done that, bought the t-shirt" well we bought the t-shirts; 2nd jabs have been received - all good.  

These t-shirts are part of a promotion to encourage people to get their vaccine.  We live in a designated "hot spot" for the Delta Variant so there has been a push to get 1st & 2nd jabs done, sooner rather than later. 



 







 

 

 

Currently Relieved:  got this confirmation in the mail.  I am most grateful that this is a free service to all ladies of Ontario. I am sure other parts of Canada have similar programs under their health care programs. 


Currently Reading :  Jennifer Weiner's Mrs Everything.  I watched a show last week where Jennifer Weiner was a guest host & she was fun & funny, she was there prompting her latest book, That Summer, which I have on request from the library, but in the mean time it was suggested I read Mrs Everything. It's OK, nothing which I would shout from the roof tops, "you must read".  Interesting theme running through the book about the road not taken or because of events the other road taken ... it certainly wasn't as fun as she, the author, was, guest hosting.

Currently Watching: Season 4 of Foyle's War & Season 4 of Line of DutyLine of Duty - oh my that was good!  Makes up for killing off a favourite character last season; Lindsay Denton!  Best line in season 4 was "I'm not a bad person"  - really, you lied & tried to pin a murder on an innocent frighten girl, you set up & killed a colleague & let you husband take the wrap for your crimes ... no not a bad person, an evil person (IMO). The acting was superb.

I have #5 season on request for both series.

Currently In Awe of Nature:  this is an Ostrich Fern growing in my garden - not sure why it has chosen to grow in a circular fashion, but it's cool.


 Don't forget that Wednesday is our first link in for 2021 SPSH.  See you then.  And I'll leave you with this thought, which I have shared previously;

"Sometimes I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" ... Diana Britt

16 comments:

  1. Yay to free health checks and receiving your second doses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel quite blessed to have been able to book the 2nd jab & receive in less time than originally thought it was going to take. I am also feeling quite fortunate that neither Mr Man or I have felt anything other than a really sore arm.

      Delete
  2. Jabs are going great guns. Congrats on yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our region had the first walk in clinics held on the weekend for 1st jabs. Within a 20-30 minute drive there were over 45 locations we could have chosen from for even 2nd jabs. It's quite impressive.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the vaccines! The t-shirts are a great idea.

    I enjoyed Foyle's War, especially these earlier seasons that take place during the war. Kitchens is always a draw for me. Ferns don't do well for me, but I love them. Yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The t-shirts are a fund raiser to help get more & more vaccianted. Our region is at 36% fully vaccinated & 78% first shot. There is a fern I'd like to grow, it's called Painted Fern, right now a bit expensive for the budget.

      Delete
  4. Vaccination is our only way out of this pandemic it would seem, and I'm so pleased that you are now double jabbed.
    We have a similar free mammogram service here and although it's a bit uncomfortable for a moment, it's so important to get checked out.
    See you on Wednesday for the check in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mammogram is not my favourite, but agree very necessary to have done. On my father's side, two of his aunts had breast cancer (both survived). Our chief medical officer says 75% gives us herd immunity, 90% vaccinated gives us a healthy community ... the campaign to gaining power.

      Delete
  5. Great news on the vaccination front and also on the mammogram result.

    I've just watched the first part The Tudors (4 seasons totalling 38 episodes) so it's too soon to comment on it. I've also lined up a rewatch of Pie in the Sky (also 38 episodes) for when I need a change from Tudor history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked The Tudors, umm maybe I need to check that out at the library. Pie in the Sky is a new one, I'll check it out while in the library web site. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on receiving your 2nd dose! Love the T-shirts!

    Congratulations, too, on the health screening results. That is the best results! My breast cancer was detected through a routine screening, 6 years ago!

    Love today's repeat quote! I believe I commented on it in your earlier post and I mentioned it to Diana. She was curious to know how you came across it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a lot of my quotes from the internet, there's a site call Monday quotes that is a treasure trove of quotes. Yes I'm relieved about my mammogram results. A close friend had her B/C discovered in her regular mammogram 2 yrs ago, so I know how important it is to have done however uncomfortable for those 15-20 minutes. :)

      Delete
  7. Just a two week wait and then you can be sure of being safely vaccinated. That is reassuring you had no nasty side effects. I am going for my 2nd. jab on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be one of THOSE people, that continues to freely wear my mask in public spaces, social distance as I'm not confident about the Delta variant not still posing a threat. I read that Toronto set a world record for one of their clinics giving the most vaccines in one day. Good luck Friday.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the second shot! It's such a relief. Love the T-shirts. That is a very cool fern; never seen anything like it. I read Mrs. Everything a long time ago, and couldn't tell you one thing about it which is a confirmation of your reaction. Despite the many problems with our health care system, I do get free physicals and mammograms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe what a sense of relief we were both feeling the day after our 2nd jab; it's all the pent up fear lurking in the tight shoulders! I'll give Jennifer Weiner's latest a go; for me in Mrs Everything, there were too many problems being tackled & I did not like the time jumps. Our health care also needs improving, but I am most grateful for it.

      Delete