Monday, January 24, 2022

Me On A Monday - January 24th

 

 

Source: Internet

Not a lot going on. Trying to keep warm is foremost for me.  Mother Nature is exercising her rights to be moody.  But I will say on the days she gifts with sunshine, it is a wonderful boost to the mood inside.

Currently Recovering: Mr Man had another lazer surgical procedure to his eye on Saturday.  The original date was last Monday but it was postponed because of the snow storm blowing through our region.  I am most grateful that the doctor's office was able to quickly reschedule.  The procedure itself was quite painful for Mr Man & the eye bled, which is apparently quite common.  His eye looks horrible but he says the pain is lessening.  Check up this Friday to confirm if this procedure worked.

Currently Watched: We watched last Monday night, the latest James Bond movie, No Time To Die.  I like Daniel Craig as Bond & I am sorry that he has decided to stop his run as 007, & IMO this movie was not the best way to end this.  IMO the movie was full of holes in the plot/story (not that I was expecting a strong story) & it was a lot of car chasing, shootings, & blow ups.  Even Mr Man was disappointed & he's a big Bond fan.  Any favourites for you in who the next 007 will be?

Currently Reading: I'm sorting through a lot of my cookbooks & deciding which ones can be re-homed, aka given away/donated.  My time line to finish this reading is by Monday morning (later today) as any that I do not want to keep will be donated to the book & bake sale for a local animal rescue fund raiser January 28-30th. I also have a stack of novels to donate.  For me that has been a big stumbling block in decluttering, is having some where to take donations, whether it be books or what ever else.

Just finished reading a memoir by Jann Arden - Canadian singer, song writer, actor; it was interesting reading even though I'm not necessarily a Jann Arden fan.  

Currently Baking: I hadn't made beer bread in a while & I had a craving for some warm carbo rich food.  I had forgotten what a simple quick & easy recipe this is.  It did its job & fulfilled that craving.  Left overs, toasted make for very tasty sandwiches the next day.

 

And I'll leave you with this thought ...  "you are the sky, everything else is just the weather."  Pema Chodron

 

18 comments:

  1. Sending lots of 'feel better soon' wishes to Mr Man. He's been through so much with his eyes, I do hope that this latest treatment is successful.
    Interesting choice of beer for your bread - especially in the circumstances we find ourselves still in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. My prayer is that this last procedure works & nothing more needs to be done. Yes Corona beer is Mr Man's summer drink choice. I'm not a beer drinker but will use for baking & cooking. I have a recipe for Mr Man's beef stew that uses dark ale, he says makes the best gravy.

      Delete
  2. I agree with your comments re James Bond. I haven't made beer bread for a few months ... lockdown baking has eased off!
    I do hope the pain lessens quickly for Mr Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth, Mr Man is able to get some better sleep as things lessen with swelling & pain. I haven't done as much sweets baking, but sometimes a girl has just got to get in those warm comfort foods (lol).

      Delete
  3. Yikes on the eye bleed. Stopped and said a prayer for his quick healing. Yours is the second husband who received such an intercession. I wonder if men are more prone to eye issues?

    Onto lighter topics, Idris Elba, Henry Cavill and Jeremy Renner are my top picks for the new Bond. Back in my day, it was Roger Moore. Hubby actually has a gift pack of all the Bond Movies up to the latest one or two, and he's slowly working his way through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne for prayers, appreciated very much. Mr Man was told that people with blue eyes are more prone ... not sure the science behind that. I'll check out Henry & Jeremy as possible contenders as I know Elba & he is I believe #1 people's pick for the new Bond.

      Delete
  4. I shudder every time I read of Mr. Man's surgeries. Keeping him in my prayers that all will be well by the end of the week. I, too, am purging away. I have two boxes of books ready to go to the library. The Friends of our local library hold sales periodically, and the funds go to the library for new purchases. It's a win-win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for prayers - appreciated & needed :)
      It feels good to have some empty space that this book purge has created. Our library only has sales on their own collections but it hasn't happened since 2019 - hopefully this Autumn we can have another one.

      Delete
  5. I got up at 4 o’clock this morning because I was cold. I forgot to wear my hoodie to bed last night. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully you'll get warm before bed today & remember to put that hoodie on. I am grateful for the fireplace to snuggle by.

      Delete
  6. I trust you'll get good news about the eye surgery. I haven't seen the new Bond. I wasn't a fan of Craig 'til I saw that first movie of his lol, so I'm sure the next Bond will suit me no matter who it is. Cookbooks are tricky, I think. I remember when I pared mine down. It was hard to let some of them go, but I never used recipes out of them *sigh* I've made beer biscuits but never a bread like yours. It looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got many of my lady prayer warriors on the eye healing path! I did find it hard to let some cookbooks go but mostly I'm glad of the empty space that releasing them has created.

      Delete
  7. I do hope Mr Man's latest eye surgery has healed well and get's the thumbs up at his next appointment. The bleed sounds nasty even if it is a common symptom.

    I'm not really a Bond fan but I would like to see Idris Elba in the role. That's more to do with liking him rather than any feeling that he is the best man for the job!!

    I do like the teapot 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's still looking rather bloody this morning, but he says it is feeling better - 1% improvement each day, we'll take it. I like the teapot & I'd like to find to buy, it makes me think Monday mornings, go slowly & peek out to be sure all is well (lol).

      Delete
  8. Hope your husband's eye surgery recovery goes smoothly and the pain and swelling subsides quickly. Good luck with decluttering the cookbooks. I made beer bread once, but, didn't like the taste! Coworkers were very happy to finish the loaf for me, the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, each day is bringing a little more relief to Mr Man's eye. I like this recipe because in spite of using a whole bottle, there's no taste of beer, well at least none that I can detect & I'm not a beer drinker.

      Delete
  9. I'm another sending best wishes for the speedy and effective healing of the eye. I am well aware how worrying eye problems are (and how gruesome the treatment can be!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. I know more painful for Mr Man, but like you when you are care giving to a loved one, you take on some of that pain & discomfort.

      Delete