Monday, December 18, 2023

Me On A Monday - December 18th

 

From Last Year When We Had Snow

Fa La La La, LaLaLaLa & Good Morning.  We are now in the final week before Christmas. I hope that all your plans are coming into fulfillment as you have designed.  It doesn't look like it will be a white Christmas for us in our region.  It rained for most of the day on Saturday & Sunday & daytime temperatures have been around +5 (c).  Christmas Day, for us will be a quiet day together.  This year our church is hosting the Christmas morning service.  Not sure that I will attend.  I'm feeling a little cautious being in enclosed spaces with many that I do not know & if they will mask or not.  Although Christmas Eve service is usually when the Easter crowd attend (wink wink).

Not a lot to update you on, life is busy, lots of eye appointments for Mr Man.  We are certainly hoping for a break over Christmas.  

Today I'm sharing with you, a new to me, Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake recipe.  I haven't made as yet, but I've plans for a making between Boxing Day & New Year's.  

  • Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake
  •  2 tsp sugar (first amount)
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 large eggs
  • zest of an orange (about 1 Tbsp)
  • juice of an orange
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2-3 TBS milk or orange juice
  •  
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray, or grease with butter. Sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar in the bundt pan and distribute. Add 1/4 cup of fresh cranberries to the bottom of the pan evenly. Set the bundt pan aside
  • Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.
  • In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar with the mixer on medium high until the mixture is very light and fluffy (about 4-5 minutes).
  • Add the eggs one at a time. Mix to incorporate. Mix the orange juice and zest to the mixture. Blend to incorporate. Add the sour cream and blend.
  • Add the flour to the wet ingredients on third at a time. Mix till it is just incorporated. Don't overmix. Fold the remainder of the cranberries by hand to the batter very gently. Being Careful not to crush any cranberries. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan.
  • Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the cake.
  • Let the cake stand for 5 minutes. Then turn the cake over onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
  • Mix the powdered sugar and milk or orange juice together to make a glaze. If it is too thin add more sugar. If it is too thick add more liquid.
  • Put the cake on a cake plate. Glaze the cake in a back and forth motion from the Outside to the inside of the cake. Serve with fresh whipped cream. Garish with frosted cranberries and mint leaves
Source: Internet

And as next Monday is Christmas Day, I'll check in with you on Boxing Day - Tuesday.  Merry Christmas to you all.  May the season bring you Hope, Peace, Joy & Love.


16 comments:

  1. That cake sounds amazing! Let me know how it goes, I always stress about turning out a cake from a bundt tin, did I grease it enough?
    Enjoy your Christmas plans, and keep a good distance from those twice a year churchgoers 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think using a good veggie oil spray works best on bundt pans, mine is fluted & things can get stuck with a good spray

      Delete
  2. I agree that we won't be having a white Christmas this year (last year was a blow out and roads were closed! ). I hope you get a break from driving around to eye appointments for a bit. Cranberry and orange sounds like a lovely combination. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have just one appt. scheduled this week & I do hope we can take a break next week. The only good thing about no snow is that driving is much easier. Cranberry & orange are delicious together, IMO.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm hoping that when I make I can get mine to look as pretty as the picture.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your Christmas plans and simply do whatever works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wants for Christmas & the week after is not having to go any where.

      Delete
  5. Don’t know why I’m coming up as Anonymous! - Ruth 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have only bits of snow remaining where it was piled up. That is not something that I predicted after big snow of Dec 04 (I think it was).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that quick down turn in temperatures on Monday, the extreme winds brought in a skiff of snow, no accumulations but signs that it is winter (col).

      Delete
  7. I hope that Mr. Man's eye appointments go well and you get a break from appointments over Christmas. The cranberry orange bundt cake sounds delicious! I knew I should have bought two bags of cranberries!
    Wish you and Mr. Man a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to get more cranberries to make this cake. I don't think I've ever baked/cooked as many cranberry based items. Thanks Bless for the well wishes for Mr Man. All his eye issues are like an anvil hanging over the celebrations. Each eye has its own issues & treatment is not the same for either eye ... it just feels never ending sometimes.

      Delete
  8. I love almost anything cranberry so the cake looks amazing. Snow here this morning, but just a dusting--enough to make everything look fresh and new. Won't last the day, however. Merriest of Christmases to you and Mr. Man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, Happy Christmas to you & yours. We got a skiff of snow overnight, nothing that is really accumulation, but enough to give Mr Man a lift of spirits. He needs snow for Christmas. I found another new to be cake recipe - Cranberry Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Looks gooey good.

      Delete