Monday, April 13, 2020

Me On A Monday - April 13th

Happy Easter Monday.  I hope that everyone has had a good weekend.  Our weather was typical Ontario weather, a little spring time, a little winter time & the common thread weaving through the days was the extreme wind.  I half expected to see a little dog & an older lady on a bike flying past our window!  What I did have was a little grey squirrel trying to find shelter out of that wind.

Over the weekend I did a little bit of catch for the Fur Girls scrapbook.  These are a couple of the pages I finished;
 They both like to sit on the computers - I guess it's the warmth.

The girls love their catnip pockets that a friend makes for them, it makes them happy.

I also did a page for March in my garden album.  Every month about the 15th, I take a photo of our house & front gardens.  I have been doing this for years & I like to see the changes that the gardens have gone through.  Where the white cardstock is, is where the photos will go.  The opposite page each month is the calendar with all the weather details & what if anything is blooming in the garden details for each day.


Early in March, knowing that we were heading to changes in our ability to roam at large, I decided now was the perfect time to try a card/stamp subscription.  I chose Paper Pumpkin through Stampin Up.  I got my first kit the end of March & I must say I'm so impressed with it.  I signed up for the minimum of three months, so I have two more monthly treats to look forward to.
Each kits includes, the card base, envelopes, a stamp set for the theme of the kit & all the little bits of extra embellishments & a mini stamp pad; called a ink spot.  March had a bonus of an extra stamp set.  The kit includes detailed instructions how to make the cards, which stamp and/or embellishment to use.  OR you can go rogue & design your own card.  I have just one problem facing me - no stamps!  I have to go out to the pharmacy (chemist/drugstore) next week to pick up Mr Man's eye prescription & the post office is just behind the pharmacy, so I may just risk a pop in for some stamps.

“Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.”  .. Marilyn Monroe

18 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely new stationery to play with! What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I would not be getting to any card classes so this is 2nd choice. I think some of the embellishments I can use in my scrapbooks.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great to have a hobby to keep you occupied during this period of lockdown?
    We have just had a few days of bright, warm sunny weather but that came to an abrupt end last night and today I'm turning the heating thermostat up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days having the ability to craft really keeps my mind busy with creating, which always makes me feel just a bit better. Today won't be a day for any outside time :(

      In this part of the world, heating is always on - it's usually May long weekend when it gets switched off.

      Delete
  3. I've often thought of having a garden journal and doing what you are doing. I've even started one (maybe two?), but never followed through. I love how you are doing it with a monthly photo, and think I might try again! That kit looks great, and perfect for Spring. Simon Says is not producing a kit for May given the new circumstances. I don't think they have the manpower to get them organized and out. If they are discontinued, I will miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started doing the temperature & such about 10 years ago & it's really interesting to go back & see what if any thing is similar. I usually pick one spot in the back garden & start in March taking a photo of it each month, I like having those visual references. I am sure Simon Says will ramp up again once the quarantines are lifted or loosen. Stampin Up is how half staff right now.

      Delete
  4. Lots of lovely crafting to fill in the days - the stuff from Stampin' Up was a good idea, forward thinking. One or two online UK scrapbooking companies are still open ... so I may have placed an order or two ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never one for online ordering of craft supplies, but needs must & now I'm a convert! Our local scrapping store has online ordering with two options; delivery or curbside pick up.

      Delete
  5. What a cool kit! I love the rain boots. We've had winds and storms here, too. Sunny now, which is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little rainboots, I was just stamping with them & they are so easy to fussy cut out. They just announced another 28 days of lockdown, so I'm really glad I've got two more kits to look forward to.

      Delete
  6. Lovely paper goodies ... and I love those cute wellies! That's a lovely idea to keep a running record of the changes year-to-year.Hoping you get those stamps - weird when we have to think of getting some as a possible risk, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days being out any where in public gives me a little raised anxiety. We have such strict rules about going out - I worry that getting stamps may not be deemed an essential need. We have hot lines for reporting people gathering or being out in areas not deemed essential.

      Delete
  7. We had a range of weather over the weekend here, too - rain, wind, gray ... and now cold again.

    Those layouts turned out great & that card kits looks like you'll be having some fun creative time! This was definitely a good time to sign up for a monthly kit.

    I just received a new layout kit from our local scrapbook store - the owner delivered it to the porch for me & let me use credit I earned when all the kits I created sold last month. The new kit has die cuts for coronavirus, wash your hands, and shelter in place, so I'll be able to create a layout for these past few weeks ... coming soon to the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind to get home door delivery! Having all the kits you created sell out must give you such a happy boost. I've seen a few pandemic kits being put together. I have a few thoughts about that but I'll say no more for now :)

      Delete
  8. Looks like you have been very industrious. It's certainly a time to catch up on such things if you can muster the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie you've nailed it - motivation. Some days it's there in abundance, other days, well other days it becomes a tick off the list only. :)

      Delete
  9. The kit looks lovely. I love the wellies. Have fun making your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those wellies are so cute & now I'm reluctant to part with them. I also discovered I have another stamp set with wellies in them.

      Delete