Monday, April 06, 2020

Me On A Monday - April 6th




Hello & Good Morning.  I trust everyone is well, if not a little stir crazy.

Currently Looking For:  little painted rocks left about our neighbourhood.  The kids, 4 & 5 years old, that painted these wanted everyone to have hope.  It's a great way to spread some fun.  These are the ones I have found so far.  The kids painted a total of 8 & are planning for more.




 Currently Re-Reading: my all time favourite book; The Thirteen Tale.  This books is perfect for those 1 am startled awake cannot get back to sleep times.  I find this book as engaging as the first time I read.
Currently Catching Up On:  my OneLittleWord album.  This is March's two page spread.  As I'm not participating in the official online OLW workshop/course, I am free to make up my own monthly assignments.    The cards of Loving This, Not Loving This are originally from Cathy Z's website.  I wanted to focus on the good & I also wanted to acknowledge the stuff happening that I'm not loving or even liking.  I think it's important to balance the feelings because if you don't acknowledge the less than aspects, you cannot tend to them & that's how they build.  And in my case they would build to anxiety at 1am!!
 Currently Crafting: I am also working on some scrapbook pages & cards.  I can show you a card I made in the last class back in March, as the person the card was intended for has now received.  For now most of my pages are photo-less as I've only just found a place that will print my photos & mail to me.  For my day to day album, I am including many of the flyers that the governments are sending to us as part of the Stay Safe campaigns.
Currently Happy:  that two bloggers, Liz & Maggie,  have returned to blogging.  One has been away for a couple of years.  I am so glad that both these ladies are sharing again.  

Currently Stressed By:  our provincial level of government has put further restrictions on businesses.  Many stores & shops that were originally deemed as essential services are no longer receiving that privilege.  Some that are considered essential but not allowed to have an open store  can now only provide curbside pick up, which is challenging many of our little villages shops ability to operate.  Many of these business do not have the staff or resources to do home delivery. They don't have the online ability to take orders, so it's done by phoning the business.  Our local grocery store has one telephone line & trying to get through to place an order for pick up is difficult.  The grocery stores are still allowed to have people in the store but ours allows only 5 shoppers at a time. So that is why they are also offering curbside pick up.   Our Premiere has said that these tighter rules are necessary to flatten the curve.  The Premiere will review these tighter measures in two weeks, but we are being told that the overall social distancing will likely be mandated well into the summer.  Weddings that take a year or more to plan are now only allowed 5 people & that includes the bride & groom.  As a note I think the Premiere needs to re-think that; bride,groom, minister & 2 parents each = 7 people.

My friends that were getting married this year, you remember I toured one of their possible venues; Champagne & Frothy Dresses have decided to postpone the whole event.

I will leave you with a sidewalk chalk message:

"April Distancing Will Bring May Existing" 
 


21 comments:

  1. My niece is supposed to be getting married this year and are trying to decide what to do.

    I can't see life getting back to normal for months, may be into next year. The idiotic behaviour of people who still congregate and ignore the social distancing rules are just making it more difficult for all of us.

    Stay safe Mary-Lou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Provincial Premiere has told has to be prepared for some form of social distancing to be in effect for most if not all the summer. But already in the news I am reading/hearing of behaviour fatigue beginning; spitting on people is one another is using your car to run people over because you are frustrated with the long line ups to grocery stores ...

      Delete
  2. Aren't those little pebbles lovely and such a fun idea! Always good to see a spot of scrapbooking appearing in your posts. :) The Thirteenth Tale is a new one, so it's been added to my ever-growing To Read At Some Point list!
    Wishing you a safe and good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little stones are such a simple thing & yet I found myself smiling broadly on my walk & excited to find. I hope I don't loose that appreciation for the simple, uncomplicated things once the physical distancing is over.

      Delete
  3. Our friend's daughter was supposed to be getting married on Saturday but they have postponed it until December - surely by then things will have calmed down? So much work goes into planning a wedding, I feel so sad for those who have had to rearrange plans.
    Those painted stones are adorable, and how lucky for you to find them on your daily exercise. What a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how many strains on relationships during the lockdown will ultimately see many weddings cancelled. My friends at least did not loose all of the deposit only a admin fee.

      Delete
  4. The stones are great! I wonder if I will find any here - I did find some a couple of summers ago, with one of my little friends. (Now, that card looks somehow familiar..!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many of the ideas have already been around the globe once & are re-surfacing. I cannot imagine being home all day & no one to go with little ones, it would be difficult I am sure. The neighbourhood kids are searching for rainbows again. I liked how The Queen mentioned rainbows in her address to the nation.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that made me smile too! (Although I thought she might have shown off my woolly effort among her examples. Hrrumph!!) One house in the neighbourhood has made a really beautiful one - will post on the blog some time.

      Delete
    3. Yes The Queen could have shown her Grandchildren's rainbow efforts with your fabulous one as a guide as how to make (col). Looking forward to seeing the your neighbour's rainbow.

      Delete
  5. The rocks are a sweet idea. I've never heard of that book, but googling it sounds interesting. Our restrictions aren't nearly as strict as yours. I hope we can open back up safely soon, but around here they're expecting this to last until at least the end of May :( I hope all you and yours stay well through this scary time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a scary time. But what scares me most is that people just don't seem to be getting the clear message - this can be deadly to all ages & right now there's no treatment let alone cure.

      Delete
    2. Yes, our parks are reported to be crowded. The mayor closed roads into them to cut down on numbers. People aren't "getting" it :(

      Delete
  6. I think I may have read "The Thirteenth Tale" but might be a good idea to read it again. Not until the libraries open! Love your crocuses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initially borrowed 13th Tale but I kept borrowing & the library suggested I should buy my own copy (lol) which now I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  7. I love the painted rocks! Just having to stay at home seems rather insignificant compared to the terror of being on the front lines in health care or having to postpone long-awaited events like weddings. Today our county administrator said he'll close the parks if people continue to congregate. What are they thinking? We've managed to find paths and trails that have been basically empty, and the others walking or riding their bikes have been very respectful about keeping appropriate distance. This would seem MUCH harder if the only place I could walk outside was my own yard or even my own (very short) street. Everything we had on our calendars through June has now been cancelled. I think for the safety of everyone, this will continue for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I several times throughout the day stop & say a little prayer for all of our nurses, doctors, EMTs & all those volunteers taking care of the sick. Not having the parks to walk in has been a tough one, but people just would not be told. Our Prime Minister told us it is unlikely our July 1st Canada Day celebrations won't be happening with gatherings. Makes me sad.

      Delete
  8. Those painted rocks are so happy! We passed some sidewalk art on one of our walks a few days ago that brought a smile. I've added The Thirteenth Tale to my Amazon wish list ... I'm trying not to purchase until at least one (of my 2) to-read shelves is completely empty.

    That is a lovely card! I'm sure the recipient was pleased to receive something so nice.

    Our grocery store here is open (although not as many hours as before) & Robbie has been there once a week for the past four weeks. So far it hasn't been too crowded & there's been adequate stock (if not necessarily everything we would have liked and maybe not our favorite brand). There's a WalMart nearby if we need to go there - they've got some sections (nonessentials) roped off & are limiting number of people in store...but it's a big store, so not a small number. We haven't attempted going anywhere else, but I know there are businesses hurting here as restaurants etc have only been allowed to offer take out or curbside for several weeks. We're enjoying cooking & eating at home, but will probably be ready for some TexMex when all this is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first thing I want as a take away is pizza - the boxed frozen ones just don't meet that ummm good rating. The Thirteenth Tale was made into a TV movie (British) which starred Sophie Turner as one of the main characters.

      Delete
  9. It looks like you are keeping busy. And I love that you end your post on an uplifting note. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. Keeping busy keeps my mind from racing. I think finding the good in anything is what keeps me sane, sometimes it just takes a little longer or a little more searching :)

      Delete