Monday, August 12, 2019

Me On A Monday - The Return

Good Morning.  What a glorious weekend it was - Saturday's weather was a perfect summer day, in my opinion; sunshine, with minimal to no humidity, a slight breeze to keep the insects away from the patio & mostly quiet in the neighbourhood.

We had a little adventure recently off the patio.  A friends of ours told us about this place they had discovered as a possible site for their wedding, so of course we had to check it out.  After visiting, we have our fingers crossed that this place wins out as their choice of venue.  The Paletta Mansion was once the home of a steel magnet. He built his home on the Burlington side of Lake Ontario so that he could look across the bay to Hamilton where his steel factory was.  The home has 3 areas for receptions.  The gardens & lawn are considered public park so that could be a small drawback for photos.  Anyone could possibility photo bomb your session.  

There's one room that opens to a beautiful large terrace over looking the lawns to the lake. Perfect!  I already see myself on the terrace next summer in a frothy summer dress with a glass of champagne toasting friends.






This is the view across the bay to Hamilton



16 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Monday blogging.

    That's certainly a beautiful place for a wedding although I'd be a little anxious about the access to the general public. Can we have a photo of you in the frothy summer dress drink champagne please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think on weekends it is a very busy location, it would be my concern for outside wedding photos. You just never know what or when photos of me in a frothy summer frock will show up (col).

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, lovely! That would be a nice venue! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some winter wedding photos from there; I think the summer & autumn would be my choice to use the venue.

      Delete
  3. That looks like the most perfect location for a wedding! Let's hope they make that their final choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've asked Mr Man for a visit on a Saturday when the chances of a wedding happening is good.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful setting! Certainly a wonderful place for photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While we were wandering about there was a photo shoot of two young sisters taking place, it was fun to watch the photographer barking out instructions of what to do to look nature ... not sure handstands are natural, but I'm not the professional, maybe it was the giggles afterwards that she was going for.

      Delete
  5. It is a stunning venue; love the picture you have of yourself there to toast your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing place to visit. For our wandering I was a little concerned when we saw a sign posted warning of ticks in the area - we chose another path, not through the woods.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful location for a wedding - fingers crossed the couple choose it! And I do like the idea of a frothy dress ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already been checking out summer dresses & of course a hat, I wear hats when ever possible!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a lovely place! I guess if the do was indoors and official photos outdoors, it needn't be an issue that others might be around. Here it is quite common to have wedding photos in public places, gardens, parks, nature reserves etc. I've never seen anyone try to cause trouble or get into the pics - though I suppose there might be the odd nutter who'd try it once for a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our friend, he says he can take no chances, he claims to have the worse luck in the world ... he doesn't, but I get that he could be the male version of bridezila (col)! There's a beautiful park in the city next to us & I often lurk about during the summer to see what wedding photos are being done - I am very aware not to be in their way. Maybe we need to put bride/groom on next year's SPSH!!

      Delete
  8. What a lovely place! How FUN that y'all went to check it out & now you can dream of enjoying the wedding there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not top of the running now, they discovered another really beautiful estate home. We are off to check it out later in the month. I just hope there's a terrace for my potentially beautiful frothy summer dress to parade about on!

      Delete