Monday, August 19, 2019

Me On A Monday - August 19th

Gracious me it's Monday & it's mid-August already!  

Today I have a post-birthday celebration TGIF.  Thank you to Dr Brene Brown for this meme.  And thank you to the Internet from providing some lovely pink examples of perfect garden birthday teas.


Trusting: that in spite of the desire to be outside, the rain was very much appreciated & will do the gardens some good. The lawns are crispy & beige which doesn't really concern me too much, it's the flower beds that were looking droopy.
SOURCE: Internet
Grateful: that I get to celebrate another birthday , when so many don't.  
SOURCE: Internet
Inspired:  by all those treats at a new, not so local to me, bakery, where I purchased a few to host my own birthday tea party at home. There was also the perfect, just the right size, birthday cake!  Just me, Mr Man & the Fur Girls, the perfect guests.
SOURCE: Internet

Fun:  Tea Parties; Champagne, Birthdays & Cards, all of which feature heavily in pink!
SOURCE: Internet


16 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday! These are such lovely tea settings. Makes me want to have brunch outside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I am encouraged somewhat to eating on the patio, the only thing is the insects & then the begging squirrels want to join in! For now a cup of tea is good amount of time (col).

      Delete
  2. Belated birthday wishes ... you kept that quiet but I hope you had a lovely time, however you celebrated the big day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, I did have a good day, it was slow & quiet just perfect after a crazy work week!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it was a good celebration! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still wonderful weather for al fresco eating. Hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I counting on a great rest of summer with a slow slide into Autumn. I did have a good birthday, thanks.

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! A tea party sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. My little at home tea party was perfect for me.

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday! An afternoon tea sharing cake with your favourite people sounds the perfect way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I think for the next tea party I'm going to make the effort to make my own scones.

      Delete