Thursday, August 08, 2019

Take Notice Thursday - It's Corny

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Notice Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.  What have you noticed this week?

This week's photos are of the corn field behind us.  It has been a very good growing season for corn this year.  Lots of heat & humidity mingled with rain.  I have always said you can hear the corn growing & now there's scientific evidence that says yes indeed you can hear corn grow, you just have to have the right type of listening equipment.

From late June:


From mid July:
From Late July:
From August 7th - you can not see anything over the corn now, even standing on my garden bench.

"A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine"

10 comments:

  1. So is your home right on the edge of the village? You have a wonderful country view over the fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our back garden fence line is the end of the village, one step into the field, it's township. Mr Man calls this our Billion Dollar View. We are very fortunate.

      Delete
  2. We passed cornfields on our way to Chattanooga, and I swear I could tell a difference in the growth coming home. There are some plants (I'm looking at you, kudzu) that you can _watch_ grow if you sit with them, but I didn't realize you could hear corn grow. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a view! It's good to take photos on a regular basis so you can see just how much the corn is growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For years now I've kept watch of the cropping progress with photos. It's lovely to hear the wind whip through the corn plus it blocks a lot of that so by the time it reaches the patio, it's a breeze :)

      Delete
  4. A lovely grouping of nature in action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos remind me of growing up in a small Ohio farming community. We had to walk a block to get to the corn fields, but our small village was surrounded by them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corn produces such heat in the growing - I wonder if that's why it seems hotter in our garden than in other spots (col). I feel very fortunate to live so close to the wide open spaces of farming & that thankfully our governments have protected that from development (for now).

      Delete