Thursday, August 01, 2019

SPSH - Second Link In

Here's the list of those linking in to SPSH.  I hope everyone gets a chance to go visit the other's blogs to see what they have found for the search.  

Remember the idea & fun of SPSH is to use photos you have taken during the time of May 1st to September 30th.  Our last link in will be on Monday September 30th.

In no particular order & if I have missed your link please let me know in the comments & I will add you.  
 
Ruth:This West London Life  
Deb:Deb's World  
Eileen: A Bracelet of Days  
Maggie: Farmer's Wife Day by Day  
Karen W: Random Reflections  
Melissa: Daily Life Bits & Pieces  
Bless: My Two Cents
Joy: Diary of A Retired Teacher  
Karen: Karen's 365 Photos
 Jane:  Jane's Journal  
Susanne: Snaps & Snippets  
Tanya: Of Sowing & Growing  
Sharon: My New Uneventful Life   
Live and Learn  
Amanda: Amanda's Scrapbook Pages

Here are a few of my recent SPSH finds:  

#3 Repetition: not only the yellow school buses but the shadows from their rear/side mirror.

#7 A Curved Path:  from one of our wandering adventures.

 #8 Shells:  I struggled with this one & Mr Man suggested thinking outside of the "norm"  "the box". These are the shells from sunflowers that the squirrels leave behind.  At least the chipmunks take the whole seed.

 #10 Something Made of Stone:  this is a flower planter at one of the parks we recently visited.

#12 Something Crooked: one of the trees in a group of dead pines.
 
#14 A Hand Written Sign:  this was in our village recently.  We often have movies, commericals or TV shows filmed here.  Our church hall often is used for the crew's lunch/break room.  In this case I think the BG is for the back ground actors.

#20 A Favourite Summer Scent:  Fresh cut hay.  Luckily we have several farms that have lots of fields with hay & they all cut at different times.  Most farmers cut at least 3 times a season.  This particular field is just behind & to the right of us - the hay had been cut in the morning & then it had sprinkling of rain in the afternoon - oh so sweet. 


I had previously posted my #6, Umbrella either open or closed.  It was a photo that I take almost every year of the yellow umbrella showing just above the hedge of grasses.  This is my re-entry for #6 - it's the same scene, one day closed, one day open ...




 



 

17 comments:

  1. I love that crooked tree. That's one I'm struggling with as well as a curved path - surprising as I thought both would be easy to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It amazes me which ones I'm challenged on, which encourages me to keep the camera with me at all times & my eyes open!

      Delete
  2. Great choices - love the shape of the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that is an unusual umbrella, after driving past it a couple of times, I realized it was suppose to look like that.

      Delete
  3. Some great finds there, especially the one of the yellow buses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yellow school are a plenty in this area. It almost is like a school bus farm!

      Delete
  4. Evening all, My latest entry is finally up on the blog - just two photos this time - will do better next!
    https://ofsowingandgrowing.blogspot.com/2019/08/summer-photographic-scavenger-hunt-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tanya you are doing a wonderful job of finding the items.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos! Thank you for posting the 2nd link up - I had forgotten about it! Oops! Off to do my link up post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the dates in bold block letters in my daytimer. Next one & final link in is Monday Sept. 30th.

      Delete
  6. I like those school buses! Didn't know you had them in Canada too. Did you go to school on one? Good find for shells. I don't think it is tenuous at all. It's a perfect response to the prompt. (My rodent friends have left lots of unripe hazelnut shells all over the place... sadly not yet recognisable as a shell. Grrr.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not travel to school on a school bus - although there was some envy as a kid to those that did, but as an adult I hear horror school bus tales, so maybe glad to have escaped that.

      Delete
  7. I'm another fan of the school buses, but they all great finds. My post just went up. Wrote it last night, forgot to post it until now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We pass this school bus farm all the time, but one morning, the light & just the way my mind was working that morning, I saw repetition everywhere.

      Delete
  8. I love the repetition photo - we don't have those yellow buses around here (UK) and the sunflower shells are a brilliant idea.
    Thanks, as ever, for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks & I enjoy the SPSH. Hopefully the list is a good mix of easy & challenging ...

      Delete
  9. I found your blog and scavenger hunt through Deb at Deb's World. Already participating in 2 photos challenges but trying to do your scavenger hunt as well. Will share my results/photos in one grand reveal on 09.30. Glad to have 6 more weeks for scavenging.

    Particularly like your bus photo for repetition, your delightful curved path, and the object made of stone. That poor crooked tree looks about like my spine!! Hurts me to see it!

    ReplyDelete