Friday, August 30, 2019

TGIF - Goodbye August

Thank you to Dr Brene Brown for this meme & thanks to all those that follow along.  For many TGIF has meant Thank goodness it's Friday, but Dr Brene Brown has us think outside the box of what TGIF can mean ...

Trusting: that my decision not to renew my contract past Thanksgiving will allow The Universe space to present more enriched opportunities to me.  My boss had offered me a permanent full time position & was disappointed that I said no thank you.  I did waffle back & forth but in the end Mr Man & I felt this was not what we wanted for me/us right now.

Grateful: for the pdf file of Travel/Adventure cards, the gifted scrapbooker, Ruth  sent to me for my own use in my Summer Manifesto album.

Inspired: by a recent borrowing from the library's magazine rack of  Breathe.  Some very interesting & timely articles.  I also noticed a book on the "new table" at the library called "My Year of Rest & Relaxation".   Umm there could be a theme or message resting upon me! 


Fun: it's a long weekend coming up - Labour Day Monday - it's also the last official long weekend of the summer as many return to school & school related jobs.  There will be fireworks!



 

10 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your Summer Manifesto!
    Having worked in a school for almost 17 years I still feel a bit 'back to school' the minute September arrives and now I'm retired I'm loving the fact that on the first day back for most schools around here I will be getting on a plane and heading for foreign shores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the SPSH, the Summer Manifesto goes until Sept. 30. Lucky you to be in vacation mode rather than back to school mode! Happy travels.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for calling me a gifted scrapbooker! Have a lovely long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. You are a gifted scrapbooker, your layouts are inspiring on many levels.

      Delete
  3. It sounds to me like you've carefully considered your decision which means it's the right one for now. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen it was a difficult decision but full time (40+ hours a week) just doesn't fit especially now that we are a 1 vehicle family.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're at peace with your decision and that you were comfortable saying "no". That can be hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning the power & peace of No has been a long struggle, but I just keep telling myself, "No is a complete sentence." "No is not the beginning of a discussion." I have a few options for employment which I am now open to exploring more. :)

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely photo. Well done for not being tempted back to that company - permanent and full time for that boss would probably not have been the best idea, ultimately. I think you're right - the universe has better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This boss isn't as bad as the previous one - this one is present in many ways & doesn't forget to pay us. But full time at something that my heart isn't committed to is long days, this was just to fill the void.

      Delete