Thursday, August 22, 2019

Take Notice Thursday - A Comfory Place To Watch

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Notice Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   

What have you noticed this week?

 




On a recent visit 










to the neighbourhood of Mr Man's childhood, we went to the pier for a walk.  New to the area were all these amazingly colourful chairs.  The town's park committee invited individuals & businesses to purchase one of the chairs & paint it as they saw fit.  The results is at least 100 of these comfortable colourful chairs.  They are chained to posts & such so that they don't develop legs. 

I've picked a few of our favourites. 





14 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant idea. I love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little beach bums were so cute. I am amazed at all the talent used for these chairs.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic idea! That last one is so artistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are so gifted with drawing skills. I don't imagine painting in those angles was easy but such marvelous results.

      Delete
  3. Now there's an idea that'd work well here. Well, _anywhere_ really. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy bunch of chairs! Such a great idea & a nice place to rest a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chairs were quite comfortable & it was nice to watch the sailing club class go out to the "big" water (lake).

      Delete
  5. I love community projects like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I would like to see something like this in our little village by the river.

      Delete
  6. Love the way these chairs have been painted! I love the black one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours on the black chair actually had glitter in them. There were so many that really showed off some fun, some stories in a small space with the paintings.

      Delete