Thursday, August 15, 2019

Take Notice Thursday - A Place To Grow Dreams

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Notice Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   

What have you noticed this week?

On a recent walk through a neighbourhood that is not ours, I came across this Little Lending Library.  Not only are they providing books but a place to sit & maybe thumb through a book before you decide on a title.  Little Lending Libraries are popping up in many neighbourhoods.  There has been one at a home in the south end of our village & when the residents decided to sell, their first order of business was to find someone to take on the Little Lending Library, as their real estate agent advised that it was not a selling feature, so best to remove or move it.  Thankfully someone in the area was able to re-home it.  Yeah for community.



"a library is a house of hope, it's a place where we all, whatever our situations, can feed our ideas & develop our dreams."  Doug Welhelm


16 comments:

  1. We have loads of these little lending libraries, usually in the old iconic red telephone boxes. The one you've shown is so pretty, especially the bench. Do you ever borrow books from there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day we visited, there was nothing I wanted to read, but I may drop off a few the next time we go there. I've seen a few photos of the little libraries in the red phone box.

      Delete
  2. There are several of these close to us, but none have benches. That's such a thoughtful addition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the bench was a lovely touch - I do wonder how many sit & enjoy. It seemed to be a neighbourhood of commuters & not a lot of people around.

      Delete
  3. That's just lovely! What effort must have gone into that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the effort & idea. It is something that makes me think I'd like to do, but Mr Man says it will only encourage people to be around (col).

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! We do something similar at our Probus Club meetings - bring a book or two and take whatever meets your fancy. Usually there are a few books left over which are donated to a retirement home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been donating my books to the church, but now I think of the few I have left, I may give to this particular lending library.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely idea and how thoughtful to instal a bench close by so you can have a little browse before you decide to borrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took lots of photos of the bench because I want Mr Man to build me something similar.

      Delete
  6. Little lending libraries are very popular here. I love that bench!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I'm noticing, I am seeing more & more of them around.

      Delete
  7. Oh, what a fabulous bench!!! I noticed a little lending library at one of our shopping areas a few months back.

    We visited several libraries on our recent vacation & it was so interesting to just walk around & see the variety of activities taking place & all the displays & books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what fun exploring new libraries. Locally, I'm finding libraries becoming more & more like community centres. (a good thing)

      Delete
  8. I love that bench and the tea cup and saucer perched on top of the lending library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tested that the tea cup & saucer were securely on there (col). The more I look at these photos the more I want Mr Man to make me a bench like this. I've put it at the top of my Christmas wish list.

      Delete