Friday, August 09, 2019

TGIF - August 9th

Thank you Dr Brene Brown for this meme.


Trusting:  that this trail/pathway will be open for use soon.  I know that the township is working hard to get this all ready & more importantly, safe for the users.
Grateful:  that I have cats & that my fur girls celebrated their 5th birthday this week.  OK they didn't celebrate, we did ... any reason for cake.

Inspired:  by a recent sketch  to use some of my stash & do something more than just stick photos down.  Although as it lays right now, I'm thinking it just needs a little tweaking of sorts.
Fun:  watching this little beastie enjoy digging in my pots & then feasting upon the seed heads of some of the spent annual flowers.  Oh my I do find chipmunks so cute.


"A garden must combine the poetic & mysterious with a feeling of serenity & joy."  Luis Barragan

12 comments:

  1. I love that you had cake on your cats' birthday! I think I'd like a chipmunk or two in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our fur girls are family & I love celebrating birthdays.

      Delete
  2. Any excuse for cake is good in my eyes! I can see why you love that little chipmunk - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully these were just two bite cupcakes, so no serious diet damage!

      Delete
  3. I think that pathway may become very popular with teenagers for bike races!

    I too wish I had chipmunks and happy 5th birthday to the fur girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I worry about, it's just like a race track. Fur girls are feeling quite wise for 5 years old. (ha)

      Delete
  4. Chipmunks are adorable, aren't they, and so much fun to watch. I've given up trying to manage their pot invasions lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our chipmunks can be naughty but it's the squirrels that dig & damage flowers in my pots. Squirrels to me are just rats with fluffy tails.

      Delete
  5. ... as long as that's definitely a spent seed head and not a cosmos bud! Yes, he is definitely a cutie though :o) I love cosmos - yet to grow successfully, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, I checked to ensure he was not eating the potential flower. Having better luck with white cosmos in the front pots, these in the back garden pot seem to have trouble staying straight up. Cosmos are just such a carefree summer flower.

      Delete
  6. Chipmunks are definitely cute (and your photo is wonderful), but they are pretty destructive when there are too many of them. This year the population has been small, so we've been able to enjoy (rather than resent) them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have as many chipmunks this year either - I wonder if there's a cycle of numbers? As I've said before, it's our squirrels that are very destructive to the garden. Of course this year we haven't been putting the peanuts out because of the squirrels so maybe the chipmunks aren't staying with us because of that ...

      Delete