Monday, April 11, 2022

Me On A Monday - April 11th

 


Good Morning. I trust everyone made it through the weekend unscathed.

Currently Watching:  Series 2 of Bridgerton. Oh my the costumes are magnificent, but I personally don't feel the story is strong. We all knew the ending in the first 30 minutes.  I read that series 3 & 4 are confirmed. Next up I have The Adam Project.  Both are courtesy of a lady from church that loaned me her DVDs of the two shows.

Currently Reading: I figured it was time I tried Where The Crawdads Sing, by Deila Owens as the film is about to be released.  I'm about 100 pages in. I know there are many fans of the book, but I don't think I will be part of that count.  For absolute pleasure of reading, I re-reading the Louise Penny Chief Inspector Gamache series along with an old favourite written by Dr Brene Brown. She writes & I have the feels.

Currently Making: Easter & Spring cards, along with a few birthday cards.  As for the birthday cards, I had taken a suggestion from Susanne's blog post over at Snaps & Snippets about setting up a file box by month & making the cards before you actually need them. So far this is working quite well for me.  I like the before I need leisure of creating.  This method is also tying in nicely with the 100 Day Project. 


 

Currently Sadden By: the fact that in our region bird flu cases are  exploding at regional poultry farms (chickens, duck, geese & turkeys).  The University of Guelph, which is primarily an agriculture university/college, has published a notice asking home owners to take down their bird feeders so that wild birds don't congregate, helping to stem infections of domestic & wild birds.  I have taken down my two feeders, but oh I do miss the birds as do my indoor cats.  They love bird theatre.  The University has assured everyone the wild birds won't starve, they know how to find food. Hopefully these efforts by everyone will turn the tide of the outbreak & before long up go the feeders again.

Currently Speaking Of: theatre ... a chain of theatres, under a one name umbrella - The Drayton Theatre Groups, have issued their 2022 season schedule.  They have 3 types of theatre settings in which plays will be performed this year; (1) no restriction in numbers, no vaccine passport required; (2) a 33% reduction in seating, no vaccine passport required; (3) a 33% reduction in seating & vaccine passport required.  They are responding to the regular patrons survey, of which I completed one.  In our efforts to awaken from the COVID coma, we are ordering tickets for one play in the summer in the option 3 category.

 

 

14 comments:

  1. First of all, thank you for your suggestion on my post this morning, that sounds perfect and will be popular with adults and children alike!
    Bird flu is an issue here too, all free range eggs and chickens have to be sold as barn fed now as they are having to be kept indoors.
    I like the sound of different kinds of theatre visits so that you can know that you are with like minded people. There is an actress here who has said that she feels safe on stage but wouldn't be the same in the audience and has suggested that there be one show in a run that asks for audience members to wear masks so that people can choose how risk averse they are.
    I enjoyed Series 2 of Bridgerton, although it was a little predictable it was easy watching and good to watch while doing the ironing!
    Inspector Gamache has been a good recommendation - thank you, I have enjoyed reading the first two books and know that eventually I will work my way through them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. It is hard to find things that both adults & children can & will eat. Bird flu thankfully doesn't cross to humans. I'm not sure, does bird flu affect their eggs? What a cost for the farmers. All the beautiful homes & settings in Bridgeton were worth the watching time.

      Delete
    2. Oh that's sad about the feeders. I wonder if G is still feeding the wild birds, or not encouraging them into her garden, given she has hens. Then again if she is a relaxed about avian flu as she is about Covid and isolating herself when positive, I don't suppose she has bothered! In answer to your question, I am pretty sure that bird flu doesn't affect their eggs - or it might affect fertility but cooked eggs shouldn't be a problem for eating. See my question to Philip here:
      https://notesfromasuffolksmallhoding.blogspot.com/2022/03/avian-flu-update.html

      Delete
  2. Making cards ahead is definitely a great idea; usually I am good about doing that, but every now and then I'm caught short. I did enjoy How the Crawdads Sing. My DIL said she had started it some time ago, and abandoned it, but picked it up recently and loved it. I think timing is often important when reading books. I'm sorry to hear about the birds and bird feeders. We've had no warnings here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that timing is & can make a difference in how you feel about a book. I'm sticking with the Crawdads. I don't not like it, but it's maybe that there was SO much hype about it. I am thankful that bird flu (so far) doesn't jump species but I hope it's brought under control quickly, I don't want to miss my yellow finches & their song.

      Delete
  3. Me again. Completely forgot to say that I really like the options offered by your local theatre. That shows a bit of thought. If I had an option three I would probably take it ... especially if mask-wearing were enforced too. Does "vaccine passport required" mean literally that, or does it include submission of a negative test result? (I suppose not but I am not really clear where Canada is when it comes to testing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vaccine passport is an actual certificate that the person has received all required jabs-minimum of 3. A negative test is not considered part of the vaccine passport system. Ontario COVID testing is rather selective because of the upcoming election. Our current premiere is "hiding" the truth about the surge; 6th wave, of COVID.

      Delete
  4. I love your Spring "hello" cards. Pretty! I know how much I'd miss my bird feeders and hope you can put yours back up soon.

    The 3 theater options sounds like a genius idea. Good for them for being responsive. I might even go under those circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that the #3 option is going to be the most popular offering, given that we are in a rising 6th wave of COVID.

      Delete
  5. I haven't watched Bridgerton at all. I just didn't fancy it. I would recognise the locations though as a lot of it was filmed in Bath, about 12 miles away.

    I like the theatre arrangements and wish they had something like that over here. What are you planning to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The play we have ordered tickets for is The Sweet Delilah Swim Club ... it's about 5 friends that have known each other for many years & their friendship. Costumes & scenery, IMO, are the main characters of Bridgerton.

      Delete
  6. Lovely cards! I always say I should make my cards ahead of time, but, I rarely do! Need to change that! I like that 3rd option for attending the theater. Hope you are having a good week, so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me the benefit of getting ahead of the card need, is I'm enjoying the process of making the cards a lot more than when I'm rushed. :)

      Delete