Monday, April 25, 2022

Me On A Monday - April 25th

Good Morning Everyone.  From my patio views, it looks like Ms Spring has definitely set up housekeeping.

                                            💙💛💙💛💙

My spring garden continues to excite me with the return of favourites & a few I thought had left.  

Spring is about renewal.  In spite of being asked not to feed the birds, I have a pair of Cardinals that visit daily & could be nesting close by.   Mrs Cardinal is rummaging through my garden looking for bits & bobs for nest building & I am only too happy to leave some cut back for her.  Mr Cardinal sings to us every morning & it is a most delightful verse.

Mrs Cardinal

Mr Cardinal

Lady's Mantle has returned:

The  Siberian Squill, blue bells,are out in abundance & hosting hundreds of bees:

A lone crocus:

A pot of last year's disappointing pink daffodils - there's no signs of pink or the sherbet colour ...


And lasting, the blue flowers of the sparse periwinkle:


The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.


19 comments:

  1. How lovely to see signs of Spring appearing in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is & how does my a world of good emotionally to be out there :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely spring flowers! I love the sound of cardinals - lucky to you have a pair so close. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a small bag of bird seed specifically blended for cardinals, I know I know the Avian Flu thing, but I want them to establish themselves in or near my garden.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it just lovely to see those signs of spring making themselves known in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was warm with rain,then sunshine, so it brought on the flowers even further :)

      Delete
  4. I love seeing the nesting birds :) Such sweet signs that Spring has truly arrived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Spring seems to still be a bit nervous about establishing her claim to the time ...

      Delete
  5. Don't you love spring?! Anvilcloud mentioned you, I thought I'd visit! (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn thanks for visiting. I've popped around to yours. I do enjoy spring much more than winter or even the humidity of summer.

      Delete
  6. Yay to the arrival of spring for you. I love this time of year when the garden wakes and the joy of seeing all the signs of new growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbours think I'm just a tad odd since I am out in the garden welcoming back old friends.

      Delete
  7. As everyone else has said, it's always wonderful when spring comes knocking! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a fellow gardener, I know you know my joy about the arrival of plants returning :)

      Delete
  8. It's so lovely to finally see some serious signs of Spring! We've had two glorious days and lots of green popping up as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take long once the temperatures warm up, the rains gently falls to encourage Ms Spring's enthusiasm of renewal.

      Delete
  9. How wonderful to see signs of spring in your garden! Sounds like Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal are getting ready to set up house and raise a family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardinals tend to be a very nervous bird, so having them decide to nest build in or close to my garden is so exciting to me. I don't think I've ever seen baby cardinals.

      Delete
  10. Was reading about them (Mr &Mrs. Cardinals) It seems they both sing together while building the nest.

    ReplyDelete