Monday, November 19, 2018

Me On A Monday - November 19th


Currently


Embracing:  Winter's earlier than normal arrival last Thursday & Friday.  Yes, embrace, dress warmly, go outside & breathe the air...

Also Embracing, that after two grueling weeks, I've took a weekend sabbatical from everyday life to restore & nourish myself. I got out all my scrapping stuff; punches, cutters, paper, embellishment, albums & got caught up on my pages in my day to day album, my garden album & worked a little on my 31 Days of Thankful & December Daily.  It was a wonderful thing I did for myself.  Mr Man & the Fur Girls were fully on board with the plans as long as they got fed.

Thinking: about December Daily.  It is one of my favourite projects in scrapbooking, it was also the way I was introduced to many of my favourite bloggers which I followed (silently) for years, which led me to so many others that I now follow daily & not just in December!  Thanks Ali for that daily link in. 


A Happy Discovery: going back to my December Daily; a couple weeks ago I found at the scrapping store for 25cents a 12X12" calendar page, it was in a bright green & blue not my tradition colours for Christmas, but at the time I thought I could cut the blue off & mount on red paper.  When I was going through some of my Christmas stash of papers, I made a happy discovery - I had lots of the same green, blue & with red, papers that would work with the calendar page.  So maybe I have my colour pallet for this year's DD - a real change up of my usual but change can be good can't it?







Peace:  in a difficult & long drawn out good bye, I've made peace that my role at the clinic needed to end.   I'm SO good now with that decision. Done!  Now to make peace with getting my hair cut - I need to trust my stylist & let her bring out the scissors in full force!  I really haven't changed my hair style in years, lots of trims but nothing radical - I think I'm ready for another significant change.

Hope everyone has a good week & don't forget to do something that nourishes & restores your self, no matter how small, you must do it...

"when you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul & brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.Jean Shinoda Boden



14 comments:

  1. Good to see you are embracing stepping outside of your comfort zone! Looking forward to seeing how the December Daily evolves.
    I think it's a great idea to let the hairdresser choose your next style. Some of my favourite hair cuts have been after a conversation that starts 'I'm bored with it, what do you think I should do?' after all, your hairdresser knows your hair and knows you and your lifestyle so they should come up with something new and easy to maintain. Be sure to share a photo after it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't think I would trust my stylist that much, we don't spend a lot of time talking about my life, it's hers we chat about ... but I need to start looking online for some ideas.

      Delete
  2. It's good to hear that you are not regretting your decision to leave the clinic. How's the job hunt going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No job hunting started as yet, I'm doing a contract until end of December, then the job search starts. No regrets, especially after the last week there.

      Delete
  3. Your DD colour scheme looks perfect - I spy Basic grey in there ... I ordered a whole lot of stuff back in late September from Scrapbook and Cards Today - there's still no sign of it arriving, most annoying!
    Hope you enjoy a new haircut design, they do say that a change is as good as a rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, I purchased several of the papers two years ago at a close out sale for a crafting store. Not to worry you, but our postal services, Canada Post, have rotating strikes going on & they may walk out totally before Christmas. Fingers crossed your package is escaping that dispute.

      Delete
  4. I think you've made great choices for your DD album, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the results. Your comment about your haircut makes me realize that I don't believe I've ever seen a photo of you! How about a before and after? :-)
    I had my hair cut a bit shorter last week. I like it, but I think we could do a bit more next time. I'm glad you've made peace with the job situation. I don't think you could have done more to prepare yourself than you didl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Sometimes making peace with ourselves is the hardest. I'm sure I'm making more out of my hair cut than I should ... Rapunzel was always a favourite bed time story :-)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful snow scene! Congrats on stepping out and claiming a new space in your life. I remember my first pixie cut ;) I never looked back. I remember being able to sit on it, and it's been every length in between. One thing about hair: it grows back lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow can be so pretty to look at, especially if I don't have anywhere to be & drive in it. Snow tires or not, I don't feel confident on snowy roads with some of the crazy speed demons out there. I'm one of those that for years had hair I could sit on & then I went to the other extreme & had it all cut off in one sitting to something very short - never again to either extremes (col).

      Delete
  7. Oh I like that colour combination for your DD. I've decided not to push that for myself this year - I'll work on other things instead.

    Taking time to do what nourishes you is a good thing - glad you managed to make time for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missus Wookie, I'm settling in with those colours. My December Daily certainly isn't as elaborate as some I see, still a favourite project but very tame.

      Delete
  8. Glad you are at peace with leaving the job. Don't let it haunt you! Should've done it ages ago! And happy New hairdo!

    ReplyDelete