Thursday, November 01, 2018

Take Three Thursday - A Golden Time

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Do have a peek at what others are noticing this week:
Maggie: Farmer's Wife Day by Day
Eileen: A Bracelet of Days 
Karen:  Random Reflections
Melissa: Daily Life
 

What I've noticed is not only the light changing; there's still a golden hour in the evening,  are all the golden shades in nature.

This weekend we have our clocks "fall" back an hour. Golden!





"Lost yesterday somewhere between sunrise & sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes.  No reward if offered for they are gone forever."   Horace Mann

13 comments:

  1. Our clocks went back last weekend so we're in our first week of the change. I quite like the darker nights ... especially when I'm tucked up in home!

    Lovely seasonal photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find November such a dull month. Once the snow is here, it does brighten things up a bit.

      Delete
  2. I would say that gold is definitely the primary color here although we're beginning to see some lovely reds and oranges, too. Love the quote; photographers reference that golden hour all the time, but I've never seen the quote. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that gold/yellow is predominate this year. I've stood outside enjoying that golden moment in the late afternoon.

      Delete
  3. The fall colors are lovely, aren't they! And that quote is perfect as these days get shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the search for quotes & when I saw this one, I said YES out loud.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant photos in every sense of the word. I love fall colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bottom chrysanth ... reminds me of Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours in those photos. We put our clocks back last weekend, I don't really like it when it gets dark so early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are earlier than later than everyone else because we follow the US of A's timetable. I'll say no more.

      Delete
  7. I love Chrysanthumums and have three outside my front door - although they look a lot more battered by rain than yours.

    I've joined in this week - what a good reminder to slow down and take note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were here ... yes I am always reminding myself to breathe, take a moment.

      Delete