Monday, November 05, 2018

Me On A Monday - November 5th

Remember, Remember the 5th of November  ... ah Guy Fawkes  Day; those bonfires would be a source of welcome heat this chilly morning.

Source: Internet

Reading:  the Mitch Albom series of Heaven books; The 5 People You Meet In Heaven; The Next Person You Meet In Heaven & Phone Calls From Heaven.  Easy reading but definitely some real thoughts to sit & think on.  I wonder who my 5 people will be & who, if any I have influenced an aspect of their life. I think a scrap story page about 5 who I think have influenced my life.

Watching:  maple leaves fall like rain.  We have one large maple tree that we call "The Rock Maple" & it is always the last to lose its leaves, often not until end of November.  I am encouraged that it is co-operating by an earlier than normal shed so we can get the leaves cleaned up before serious snow! The first photo was taken about 8:30am & the second about 11:30am Sunday morning from the same window.
Add caption



Making:  this is 1 of 3 cards at my regularly scheduled monthly card workshop & I'll be making 3 more tonight at a card workshop at my church.  I'm a small part of our newly formed Pastoral Care Team; I'm the card sending division & I used several of my own made cards to send.  I was given some lovely feedback & asked if I would organize a workshop for the P.C.T.  One of  the church elders has signed up along with his wife.

Feeling Scared:  and quite over whelmed at my job for so many reasons, so a decision had to be made.  In the last 2 weeks several very nasty events plus he paid us late again.  In the last 6 months he has paid us on time only twice. There's difficult & then there's very disrespectful.  A few weeks back I met boss man's father who told me that boss man depends on me, considers me his rock at the clinic, couldn't do it without me ... blah blah.  Just words, no action to back up these statements.  So after 5 1/2 years there, with full support of Mr Man, I hand in my notice at the clinic today.  I do have a very short term contract that I can mostly work from home for 6 weeks.  2019 I have big plans for you, it includes a new rewarding & satisfying new job!


Thankful:  I received this beautifully wrapped box of chocolates from the physio therapist at the clinic last Tuesday as a thank you & good bye gift.  I have kept the glass beads & ribbon in tact & I think I can make it into a Christmas tree ornament.

Planning:  I've finished the journal parts of my Thirty One Days of Thankful, printed out the photos needed, assembled the papers & embellishments & have two days blocked off to assemble - Nov 17-18.  Mr Man has been given warning that there's no cooking, no house tending, it's two days of crafting for me.  I've also got planned a catch up for my other mini album project; a sort of One Little Word & Move More combination.  While I've not signed up in 2018 for either of these online lead workshops, I've created something akin.  I'm also hoping to get started on my December Daily.  

"If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, not the goal."

"A goal without a plan, is only a wish."

"A dream written down with a date becomes a goal.  A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan, a plan backed by action makes your dreams come true."

"Without  goals & plans to reach them, you are like a ship that sets sail without a destination."

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your decision to make a job change. I'm glad you can move away from that stressful situation and on to something exciting :)

    That's a lovely card, and a Pastoral Care Team sounds like a wonderful ministry.

    I got such a kick seeing a 5th of November post! I always think of that Paddington Bear story on this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My Granmother use to sing the rhyme about the 5th of November each year, I cannot remember the whole thing, but something about gun powder & not forgetting. I need to look it up ...

      Delete
  2. Well I wasn't expecting to read that .... too much of our lives are spent in employment so it essential to be in the right job so good luck with the search for a new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, glad I can still give a surprise or two. I'll put my search into an earnest effort come January, I just cannot face the selling of myself right now - need some healing time.

      Delete
  3. Good for you! It takes a lot of courage to walk away from any job, but when it's causing pain and distress, it's time for a change. I hope 2019 is filled with good things for you! I signed up for the 30 Days, watched the videos, but have decided (for now) not to make a book. I'm writing a paragraph each morning on a Word document, and haven't decided whether to do a project with the content or not. It's the writing that's important. I made a gratitude journal with photos several years ago which I enjoyed doing. I have a basket filled with small scrapbooks, but truthfully I don't ever look at them, nor does anyone else. Your card is so lovely---no wonder folks were impressed and wanted some instruction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I've always kept a gratitude journal so making this "official" 31 Days of Thankful mini album was more about using up stuff. It's sad that no one wants to look at our lovingly created albums. I am hopeful that maybe one other person will be bitten by the stamping bug as I was - bringing more into Janice's fold so to speak. We tried a new technique with a tree stamp - I'm hoping that tonight's creation goes better.

      Delete
  4. Well done on making that brave decision - from reading your posts I've felt you've been taken for granted there for a while. Let's hope 2019 brings a job that makes you feel appreciated and valued. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I do think that the years of job stress are part of my digestive woes & inability to sleep the night through. It was a very difficult decision to make but now to no regrets.

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness that's a big change but it certainly sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a big change but both my Mom & Gran use to say a change is as good as a rest ... I'm repeating that a lot today & for the next 4 days because I feel quite exhausted so that rest bit appeals right now.

      Delete
  6. I'd like to hear more about the Mitch Albom books... Great carpet of leaves on your garden. Seems a shame to sweep them away - but at least you have photos. Great that your cardmaking is getting well-deserved plaudits, and a nice social outlet too.
    Congratulations on finally making the break! I was itching to ask at the end of last month and thought "Well, if she hasn't said anything, maybe she changed her mind so leave her alone". Anyway I am in no doubt that it is the right thing to have done. Good for you - onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Mitch Albom interviewed & I liked him so that's one reason I read his books. The hardest part for me was that I liked my job, liked the patients, it was having to deal with the boss's rather unprofessional ongoing behaviour that did me in ...

      Delete
  7. Fingers crossed that you find a job that deserves you! I read The Five People You Meet in Heaven the week before we got married - don't know why I remember that! ... still enjoyed it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny what we remember from such a day as our wedding ... I guess it's the high emotions or we're told to remember the day in detail ... The reality of my job situation is starting to sink in ... scary but still no regrets (yet).

      Delete
  8. Oh, I'm glad to hear the decision about a job change has been made; sounds like it was definitely time to get out of that environment!

    I read The Five People You Meet in Heaven a few years ago and found it quite thought-provoking as far as who's life I may have influenced in some way. I didn't realize it was part of a series.

    Those leaves on the ground make a lovely photo! And how exciting to be part of the card making and Pastoral Care Team.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. The Next Person You Meet In Heaven is the sequel to Five People ... the Phone Calls from Heaven I think was just a filled, it stands alone.

      Delete