Monday, February 14, 2022

Me On A Monday - February 14th

 

Good Morning. I trust everyone is doing well & keeping warm. We in this part of Ontario are again wrapped in a cold spell which brings, thankfully, high skies & sunshine.  Today, Valentine's Day, is a day to wrap ourselves in the warmth of love.  In my opinion, it does not have to be a day of romantic love, but a day to remember love has many forms.

"... and now these three remain, faith, hope & love. But the greatest of these three is love ..."  1 Corinthians 13:13

Currently Reading: just finishing up with The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell. This was recommended by ChrisTook a little bit for me to get into it, but I am enjoying & I think I'd go for a glass of wine with one of the main characters, Kim.  I finished reading the Authenticity Project by Clare Pooley recommended by Deb.  I definitely would not write in the green notebook & I'm not sure how authentic any of the contributors were, but I'd definitely want to go to Monica's Cafe ... maybe I'd meet Kim from The Night She Disappeared there. We'd have tea & a scone instead of wine.

Currently Aware: that the 100 Day Project has begun for 2022. I am not committing to a full participation, more of, I'm aware of the energy of crafters & will try to contribute to that.  I have, along side my quarterly OLW, been working through a list of UFO's (unfinished objects) trying to reduce a few more of those silent to do's in my crafting "Projects" bin.  In my search for ways of reducing stress, especially around crafting, I've decided that I'm just not good at creating "clusters" on scrapbook pages. I've decided I'm OK with adding embellishment's but creating artistic clusters is just not my strength & rather than continually frustrate & compare myself, I've decided a few well place embellishments are just fine. Right now my goals are more to complete than compete.  

Any of you going to participate in The100 Day Project ?

Currently Avoiding but giving the side eye to the Winter Olympics-ice skating. Once again it, ice skating, gets caught up with doping scandals & for me that just ruins the feel of the Olympics.  

Currently Celebrating - Valentine's Day; I'm dressed in reds, pinks & hearts.  Trust me, I gave some very serious thought to decorating the Christmas tree with a heart theme, wanting to distract myself with pretty lights & such from more of moody Mr Winter gifting us with 20cm more of snow which has a crust of freezing rain on it. I can hardly wait to throw "him" a going away party!

Currently Updating: about  my friends with COVID, all have recovered & none required hospitalization - blessings in that.  The one friend that had the bad cough & difficultly breathing for a few days, is recovering slowly. We are hopeful she's not going to have long haul COVID. She like all the others is fully vaccinated including the booster, so you see you just don't know who will be the one to get sick with COVID. Thankfully, in this region, the number of new cases are reducing & the hospitals are not being over whelmed. Small mercies.

And I'll leave you with  another love thought ... "you are protected in short by your ability to love."  Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince'.





22 comments:

  1. Maybe the frigid weather will be good for certain Valentines celebrations. Ahem. But we’re all getting old here, 😀

    I answered your questions over at mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I saw your answer, my friend with the active F/B page is checking out for me. :) All our V/D celebrations will be indoors - 30 with the wind chill is too cold for me.

      Delete
  2. It's great to hear that your friends have all recovered from Covid. Even though this latest variant is supposed to be a milder illness it's still worrying.

    That's an awful lot of snow! I don't envy you at all.

    Enjoy your Valentine Day with Mr Man x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far health reports the potential for down the road increased heart disease for those that had even a mild case of COVID. Scary. There's a call for more snow on Thursday. Old Man Winter is one miserable old man! It's a tea party for later today for our celebrations.

      Delete
  3. I remember those little statues. We had a few around back in the day. Cool! Thanks for the memories :)

    I'm watching the Olympics but avoiding figure skating and ice dancing. I prefer what I think of as actual sports and am currently watching two-man bobsled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am disgusted that they are letting the 15 yr skate/compete & if she places in the top three, no medal ceremony for any of them; how is that fair? I know they say Olympics aren't about politics ... I scoff at that.

      Delete
  4. So pleased to hear that your friends are recovered now. Apparently in a few weeks here we are losing all restrictions, even not having to isolate if you test positive. Call me cynical but I can't help but think that this is not a good idea. I shall continue to stick to my own rules I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are told that 95% of restrictions will be gone by March 31st, but not indoor mask wearing. So in the end they have let the bullies in Ottawa & Windsor win ... I'll say no more.

      Delete
  5. I'm doing the 100 Day Project - spending the time finishing up all those UFOs. :)
    Oh, and I agree with Deb re the proposed end to all Covid restrictions in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone with common sense is ready to give up ALL the COVID restrictions/guidelines just yet. I probably have enough UFOs to get me through 100 days.

      Delete
  6. Not happy about that Olympic skating decision. We just watched the Sale and Pelletier doc on Netflix about that whole scandal. It was good. I still remembered their routine so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I remember Sale & Pelletier - must look for that doc - they were wonderful to watch. This latest scandal is once again Russia pushing & everyone bowing to them - grrrr.

      Delete
  7. That 100 day seems awesome, but I know that I couldn't commit. I have so much on. Perhaps next year. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to be crafting daily; I tend to be two or three times a week, I get a surge of creativity. I'm working at my own pace. It is fun to see what everyone is creating, I get loads of ideas :)

      Delete
  8. I hope your friend still shaking off COVID recovers completely and without after effects. I hadn't heard about the heart disease factor ... I have been more selective in my reading of late. I feel alone and powerless, and totally agree with everyone about the removal of all restrictions, especially the isolation requirement - it's practically a licence to murder.
    And I agree with you about the figure skating. I used to love that but I'm not watching. There is so very much wrong with this Olympics, I can't get excited about it generally - which I know is unfair on the athletes who have trained hard and fairly and are kicking goals, but... (then again, I doubt they care if I am watching or not!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For us the restrictions are getting lifter faster than originally planned because of (1) the siege at the borders & Ottawa & it is a provincial election year (June).Looking for votes to me is a bad science. Thankfully they say masks indoors still a must, but for us, it will still be social distancing & caution. I am disgusted that Russia can bully its athletes & the rules & still get to play in the games; the fact that they are competing under the ROC & not allowed to fly their flag/play their anthem because of previous doping breaches doesn't seem to deter them at all. The Olympics, IMO, are no longer what was intended or claims to be.

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear your friends are recovering! Before Omicron we hardly knew anyone who'd had Covid. Not so anymore, but none were seriously ill. I've done the 100 Day Project several times, but knew I wouldn't participate this year. I'm working on several projects and don't need any more pressure than I already put on myself. Plus I'm hoping there'll be some travel in the next 100 days that would make a 100 Day Project nearly impossible. I've always enjoyed them, though. Stay warm. The snow is way deeper in Rochester than it is here in Wisconsin, but the cold is just as bad if not worse. Lots of sun, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole pandemic has certainly toppled so much & Omicron is certainly doing a big job. Because testing is not readily available, many, the experts feel, are going to miss that they are positive because their symptoms are mild & go about their day to day & infect more people. I'm not making any commitment to the actual 100 Day Project, I am just using as my motivation stick to get these UFOs under control & completed. I thought it was going to be too cold to snow, but apparently I'm wrong (lol).

      Delete
  10. Hope you've had a lovely St. Valentine's Day! Brr! Wrap up warmly if you have to go outside in that weather! The 100 Day project sounds intriguing, but, I am not sure if I want to sign up for it. I do have plenty of crafts projects to work on, if I feel like it, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valentine's Day was nice, quiet, no big fussing. I am not signing up for the 100 day Project, for me it's just something that is running as motivation in the background :)

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear your friends have recovered, one never knows how Covid could go. I have started the 100 day project, but shhhh, I am not posting on my own blog until I am further than just 1 day - I tend to get distracted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good you are participating in the 100 Day project. That means I can glean some inspiration from you; you always get so much done :)

      My friend with the lingering COVID symptoms has been signed up by her doctor to participate in a study of long term affects; it will be interesting to hear what, in say a year, they tell her.

      Delete