Monday, February 21, 2022

Me On A Monday - February 21st

 



Good Morning. I trust everyone has enjoyed a good weekend.  We were once again indoors because of a storm - a blizzard this time.  It was so bad on Saturday morning that they entire county had all the roads closed for several hours & even the snow ploughs were pulled off the roads because of the white outs. This snow left us with an additional 20cm of snow - yes on top of that 25cm from Thursday/Friday storm!

View From Our Front Window Saturday Morning

Currently Reading: just finished While Paris Slept. & yes Ruth, I got a little teary. I must admit it took me well into the book before I was truly gripped with the story but I am SO glad I stuck with it.  Recommended by Ruth.  I also read another of her recommendations Last Christmas In Paris.  I have two books waiting for me at the library.  I think reading is the only aspect of sleepless nights that I can say I enjoy.  

Currently Crafting: I've organized my plans for The 100 Day Project & the two areas of my focus are catching up with the cat's album & my COVID album. I must admit in organizing I may have changed how I will tackle some of the COVID layouts.   As I said before my focus is to complete not compete & to do that I've picked three sketches that I will follow for the process of completing pages.  I've completed a simple page for the cats album. What I like most about this page is it is done & I like it, plus it used up some less than stellar photos.  Secondary plans include catching up on some card making. 

Currently Needing Inspiration: My own photos of late have lacked any imagination or challenge & I wanted to get my mojo fired up as the weather is going to be easier to get out & about in a month or so. Plus I want to finish up the WPSH with some umph YES,  rather than meh, it will do ... I found a couple of F/B photo groups that maybe will provide this inspiration.

Currently Worried:  Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth has tested positive for COVID! She's experiencing mild cold like symptoms.  It's not enough her children keep bringing scandal to her door, they now bring her the virus ... I'll say no more, other than wishing her Majesty a speedy recovery.

I'll leave you with my #1 gratitude item this week - a snow blower!

 


24 comments:

  1. Wow, the storm we had here was NOTHING like the storm you had there! That is a lot of snow - you must be well and truly ready for spring to arrive. Thank goodness for books to read and scrapbooks to be filled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in an area that is on the cusp of two regions & we often get the snow of the one & the summer dryness of the other :(
      I've had enough snow, I have an ample supply of snow photos, I don't need or want more (col). Ah yes books, my best of friends.

      Delete
  2. It's always good to hear that someone has enjoyed a book I recommended. :)

    Goodness, how much snow?! That amount is really hard for us Brits to imagine. Hoping that you're able to stay safe and warm.

    Re 100 Day Project - a little and often is key, not necessarily for each of the 100 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can get at least 2-3 layouts done a week, I will be truly completed in the catch up phase of my scrapping. Some years are truly more snowy than others - this is one of the snowy years. In the raging winds on the weekend I was most surprised that our power stayed on, not so much as a flicker.

      Delete
  3. I think I associate February with pissy weather after January’s frigid weather. Of course, not every year is the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to be or at least I think I remember, January as the snowy month, now with February getting it all, it feels like it will be April before it is all melted away - makes me feel pissy! :)

      Delete
  4. Goodness here in Toronto we got a little on Thursday night but nothing like you did!
    I want to get back to scrapping but haven't found my MOJO yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in an area that converges two regions of weather & so we seem to get dumped on with snow. I think Toronto gets a bit of protection from all the buildings (col). Sorry to hear that you MOJO isn't coming back yet for scrapping; may I suggest using a few of the uTubers that scrap might help :)

      Delete
  5. That's a lot of snow! We're expecting rain today and a high in the upper 50s.

    I hope the queen recovers quickly and completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are expecting rain on Tuesday, which given the ground is frozen, it will create flooding - oh Mother Nature thou art a moody bitch. I chuckle at the press release that she will be continuing with light duties - she's 95 nearly 96 - I say put your feet up Your Majesty but then she her self feels duty bound & it makes her happy ... such a role model.

      Delete
  6. That is a serious amount of snow. I think I'd be fed up of it by now as well.

    Have you started your FB photo groups yet and if yes, how are you getting on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are at the stage of where do we throw the snow when shoveling or blowing. Use to be January was the snowy month. I'm just observing the posts on the photo F/B groups - I do not plan to participate ...a lot of these folks are experts & do amazing work, rather than being inspired I am feeling intimidated by their talent.

      Delete
    2. Have you thought about doing the A Year With My Camera Course? It's on Facebook and is free (or always used to be) and there's a new course just starting.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. The local police force (OPP) said they attended to over 200 accidents that's why they closed the county roads. The blowing snow makes it nearly impossible to see properly & stay on the roads. I always put off driving in storms, not worth the risk. IMO

      Delete
  8. I must say I would like to experience 45cm of snow, just to see what it looks like, and to play in it just once. (And, once the skies clear, to take some pretty pictures.) But I don't envy you having to live with it for weeks on end. Chin up! Surely not too much longer till spring...
    Yes I too hope that the Queen recovers soon, and with no lasting effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say that with two major snow storms in one week left us with a lot, but those crazy milder days in between, thankfully gives us a bit of a melt. Today (Tuesday) it is going to get up to +8-10 with lots of rain, so that will take care of a lot of snow, but then Friday has a forecast of more snow ... spring is at least 2 months away, but it is coming!!! Oh you can't see it because of the hat, mask, scarf, but chin is up, just barely (lol lol).

      Delete
  9. As others have said, that's a lot of snow! I'm glad you didn't have to go anywhere in such a storm and have some good books to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up with winter & its moods, I am use to planning my go out activities/needs around the weather & thankfully right now my work doesn't require me to go out any where - ah the joys of technology (sort of).

      Delete
  10. We had great travel weather yesterday and today--sunny skies, warm temps and dry roads. The piles of snow hadn't diminished while we were gone. Racine had almost no snow, but it was bitterly cold and the wind was fierce. It's about this time every year that I grow exceedingly tired of winter. You'd think I'd get over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I've had more than enough winter. I try, I really do try to embrace winter & all it's glories, but when it behaves like a brat & I cannot get out for some fresh air, I admit I get grumpy with it all. And I've grown up in this 4 season world! I'm glad to hear travel weather was good. It always surprises me how driving just a few miles can bring entirely different weather.

      Delete
  11. We have been drowning in rain these days, but I try to keep in mind that if it were snow we would really be in dire straits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain & subsequent flooding can certainly quickly wreck havoc. I just cannot believe that there are people who don't believe climate change is real. I will say that at least with snow, it is bright & usually the day after a storm, the sunshine is brilliant.

      Delete

  12. Great Post! Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. Please keep sharing.

    Please visit Patios bunbury

    ReplyDelete