Friday, February 18, 2022

Why Not - It's Friday & We Got More Snow

Today is a random post of random things about the weather - we just got another snow storm that gifted us with about 20-25cm more!

This is a short video clip from a few years back - it is how Canadians get through winter;

Checking The Daily Weather Forecast

About Preparing for Winter - several years ago

Ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVS6PaWCdaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUosngyAu0



And to keep us warm & fueled for shoveling, I am sharing the scone recipe I use all the time, it's easy & makes delicious scones. I do prefer it with the added cheese.


K's (Cheese) Scones

 2 cups  all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cream of tartar (baking powder)

2 tbsp sugar

1 tbsp butter/margarine

¾ cup sour milk (buttermilk)

*for cheese scones, use 1 tbsp sugar & 1 cup shredded cheese. I use low fat marble cheese, but use cheddar if you like a stronger cheese.

Measure first 6 ingredients into bowl, cut in butter until crumbly, add buttermilk, if using, add cheese now, stir together  until a soft ball forms. Divide into 4 equal balls, now divide each ball into 4 pieces. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet (parchment paper), bake in 425 oven for about 10-15 minutes.



8 comments:

  1. I love cheese scones, you can't beat them when they are fresh out of the oven, sliced in two with some butter spread on them - oh yum!
    Those videos were fun - we are in the middle of gale force winds here today and we have a red weather warning, but I can't help but think that for you this would be just another day ;-) Except that we don't have snow or temperatures in the minus numbers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. The videos made me laugh, especially the +1 in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stormy day in the UK, but nothing compared to a Canadian winter! I'm another who likes a cheese scone, buttered and still warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howling winds here. That recipe looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scone recipe is very much like mine - always fullproof (or should that be foolproof?).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love scones, and any excuse is a good one! According to our neighbor, we've had quite a bit of snow while we've been in Wisconsin. Very cold and windy here, but not much snow. This is just about the time each year that I tire of winter weather, and we still have at least a month and a half to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that recipe. I think I can even make this with what I have on-hand :)

    ReplyDelete