Monday, February 28, 2022

Me On A Monday - February 28th

Good Morning. I hope everyone is well.  I am, as most people are feeling, quite heart sick over the aggressive behaviour of Putin & Russia's invasive of The Ukraine.  Feeling proud of how quickly the world is coming together on this.

Currently Reading:  just finished the recommendation from:  Lady Ella, The Flowers-of-Progress, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, (fiction) by Rachel Joyce.  Lady Ella gives a very good review of this book.  I enjoyed this book as I am fond of reading about people's pilgrimages & walks & their reasons of why, both fictional or real life.  My favourite on this subject is Jane Christmas's real life walk of The Camino de Santiago; What the Psychic Told The Pilgrim

I also requested at the same time, the sequel to Harold Fry, The Love Song of Queenie Hennessy.  This book is the back story to who & maybe why Harold was walking. 

I also have The Joy At Work from the library. I am kind of wandering in & out of chapters. 

Currently Crafting:  I am making headway on several of the UFOs, such as updating the cats' album.  I also spent a bit of time gathering up all the papers, stickers, photos & such for my COVID album.  My plan is to bliz  finish this topic on a stay at home, just me, scrapping weekend.  I've even prepared with getting myself some table treats of jubejubes, Smarties & easy to fix dinners.  I did get all the layouts done (12 pages) for the 2020 Pool Sitting Adventure (a sub chapter in the COVID album). I treated these layouts as though it was a holiday, because in many regards it was. Being able to leave our home at the height of COVID lockdowns & restrictions in 2020  & be in my friend's large private back garden with pool was a holiday treat.  I did my journaling on postcards to keep with that holiday vibe. 

Here are a few of my finished layouts. The natural lighting is not that great these days.

Pages For Cats Album - Smokey



Page for Cats Album - the girls together
 
and the stash ready for use in the COVID album: My favourite sticker (so far) is the blue ribbon "I've survived damn near everything". There is also a kit I purchased from one of my two favourite scrap stores.

Currently Free: when Mr Man picked up a prescription at the pharmacy (chemist) on Thursday, he was given a free Rapid Test for COVID - there are 5 tests inside.  Health Canada has since had to issue warnings for people not to eat or drink the contents of the tests.  I'm even more convinced relying on the common sense of others to get us through to the finish line of this pandemic is just not a good idea. 

Currently Received:  a lovely surprise in the mail - Melissa from Bits & Pieces Blog fame; she sent me a card with two little packets of stickers inside which is perfectly timed - Have Hope indeed!

And I will leave you with this thought as I wonder about the seemingly never ending pandemic ... "I wonder if all this is happening because I did not forward that email to 10 people?"

 

22 comments:

  1. You’re right about Pinehaven, about a mile west of the hospital and 10. We lived in a cottage behind the store. I lived there from 1962 to 1967 when I went to uni, but my arenas were there for another 10 years or so and we visited there periodically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a small world after all :) I was able to join the F/B group of one/365 & I've seen some of Sue's work there. She's good!

      Delete
  2. I also had a surprise in the Royal Mail from Melissa, such fun!

    Eat or drink the contents of an LFT, whatever next ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Man joked that maybe the liquid in the tests goes well with the detergent pods ... seriously we have to tell people not to ingest - oh for the love of all things ...

      Delete
  3. If the pandemic can be blamed on not forwarding or sharing random stuff then I'm as guilty as you are lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate chain emails & I never participate, but my friend, who loves them, says maybe if I didn't break the chains, well I'll say no more. This pandemic certainly has had a share of mis-information being shared, hence my caution.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the vote of confidence! Glad you enjoyed Harold Fry as much as I did. Yes I'm sad and anxious about Ukraine too. How can this be happening and how can he get away with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished Queenie's tale, another good one. I have requested the Music Shop (I'm on a roll with Rachel). The people of both Ukraine & Russia want the same thing, peace & to live their lives, the difference is the leader of Russia, he's an evil man.

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy your 'stay at home, just me', scrapping weekend and manage to complete all or most of your layouts.

    The Ukraine situation is very worrying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the plans for this weekend were just moved out of the way ... more eye surgery for Mr Man :( Maybe the weekend of March 12th - after all that will be the 2 year anniversary of our first lockdown, probably not our last. When will this be over!!!

      Delete
  6. Oh lots to enjoy in this post. Glad you shared your layouts, you had me at paw prints. It is nice to get back onto unfinished projects, isn't it. I too was blessed with happy mail from Melissa, I do miss her blog. And I hadn't been around to Lady Ella's in quite a while, will check that out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think that between my garden & my cats, I love doing layouts about them. Seems our Melissa was a busy crafting lady of late & yes I also miss her blog. I am hopeful it's just a break in blogging :)

      Delete
  7. You have been busy! How nice to get some UFOs finished.
    We haven't had to pay for our Covid tests up to now but that will change in a month or so and today I went shopping in Cambridge and they were just handing boxes of seven out to anyone who wanted one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rules about the rapid tests keep changing & I just cannot keep up but thankfully I haven't needed to (yet). And trying to figure out which things need rapid tests or the antigen tests ??? And yes it is starting to feel like I am making head way with the UFOs.

      Delete
  8. I love the layouts. I think that the second one down is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I often over think layouts, hence why so many unfinished projects. My new goal of complete not competing is working for me right now.

      Delete
  9. The layouts are great, and I love how you've turned the pool sitting into a vacation page with postcards for the text! Brilliant idea! I enjoyed both Harold Fry and The Love Song of Queenie Hennessy. I've made a dent (150 pages)in The Lincoln Highway--nearly 600 pages long covering a 10 day time span. Like the author's earlier book, A Gentleman in Moscow, it's well written, easy to read and enjoyable thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using the postcards is also part of the use up the stash mantra! I liked Harold & I rooted for him in his walk, I would have stopped to offer him some bandages & water :)

      Delete
  10. Those scrapbook layouts are lovely! Kitties! Oops! Maybe I should have kept the chain emails going? I don't forward things or post on my wall or any such thing! Doesn't matter what the cause is. I hope your husband's eye surgery goes well and you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never liked chain emails or chain recipe emails, but if only it was that easy to cure the world's ailments :)

      Delete
  11. I've just popped in to catch up with the goings on in your world! It is heartbreaking all that is going on in Ukraine. :( We received free Covid tests in the mail (as part of a US govt program to provide them), although we haven't had a need for any in all this time. Quite a few family members have had mild cases of Covid over the past couple of months, but all doing well now.

    Oh my, I didn't forward those emails either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only forwarding chain e-mails would prevent the world's woes.

      Thankfully & prayerfully we haven't required to use our Rapid Tests. I worry about long term affects from even mild COVID.

      Delete