Monday, February 07, 2022

Me On a Monday - February 7th

Good Morning.  In this part of the world, on February 2nd the Ground Hog, Wiarton Willie,  did NOT see his shadow, which means for us, if you believe that burrowing rodents can forecast weather, an early spring.  Of course the reason he did not see his shadow was a snow storm  that dropped about 20-25cm of snow.  😀

Currently Participating: in Eileen's  WPSH. There is still time to participate & remember it doesn't matter if you get one of the items on the list or all 23 items - it's meant to be fun. I posted some of my finds yesterday. 

Currently Celebrating: that yesterday was the 70th anniversary of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, ascending the throne. On a sad note, it is also the anniversary of her beloved Father's death.  A bitter sweet moment for her I am sure.  I am so excited for the platinum jubilee celebrations to begin & I trust that her children (that one arrogant so & so of a son) & grandchildren (the ginger & whinger), behave & put their own selves to one side & let her celebrate with style & grace.  ♕

Currently Reading: on Deb's Reading Post recommendation, I requested The Authenticity Experiment.  I am about half way through. Interesting experiment. I wonder whether I would write in the green notebook.

Currently Disgusted: by the hostage situation in Ottawa, Ontario of the trucker's anti vaccine protest.  There is no place here for the confederate flag or the naizi flag & when your freedom convoy can make white supremacists feel welcomed in your movement, you go too far.  When you threatened health care workers, you go too far. When you force your way into shops without a mask on & scare workers, you go too far. When you steal food from the food bank, you go too far. This is not about freedom, this is about you being too arrogant & privileged, that community responsibility feels like oppression to you.  People keep shouting about their rights, but what about your responsibilities?  There were also demonstrations over the weekend in Toronto & other major cities across Canada.  I'll say no more.

And I'll leave you with this thought ... this morning I cannot decide whether to put on my smarty pants or my fancy pants ...

18 comments:

  1. I really hope that the focus for the jubilee celebrations remains firmly on the Queen and not the two others that you mention.
    I'm pleased you are trying the Authenticity Project, and hope that you enjoy it.
    I don't know too much about the situation in Ottawa but wherever in the world demonstrations happen, it goes too far when it interrupts people's every day lives or intimidates innocent people.
    Which pants did you decide to wear? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Queen more than deserves a trouble free year of celebration.

      I went with smarty today :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like action was finally taken last night at the ‘campground’. Maybe this is the beginning of the end. It has been ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read that the judge is going to allow a 10 day injunction against the horn blowing. They might have had creditability to be heard but that went away quickly IMO when they sat down "at the table" with the trouble makers from the south. I am glad to see that some arrests are being made, let's just hope our weak judicial system backs up those charges. I'll say no more ... for now.

      Delete
  3. The Queen's incredible milestone was also the 6th anniversary of my mum's death, so bittersweet.

    Ive just finished The Authenticity Project and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A celebration day fraught with feelings of loss for both of you.

      I'm about 50 pages away from finishing The Authenticity Project. I have While Paris Slept waiting for me.

      Delete
  4. I'm excited about the Platinum Jubilee celebrations as well, although I have this awful feeling that H & M will do something to try to keep the attention on themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to see what events will be hosted this side of the pond. Although given the pandemic, it may be subdued that I'll make my own at home ... time to dust off the hat & gloves anyway :)

      Delete
  5. The official groundhog prediction success rate is about 40% lol, so I'm thinking we're better off believing the opposite of his prediction ;)

    I was shocked to see the invasion of confederate battle flags into Canada. This madness must stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sad to say that a large part of this truckers convoy in Ottawa was funded by an American group that was part of the Jan 6th riots in Washington. Thankfully (so far) F/B has disallowed the Go Fund Me Page & it's now illegal to bring diesel/gas fuel and/or food to the truckers.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I agree about the jubilee. I don't know what is happening in Ottawa but I hope the protest is handled peacefully and sensibly. People screaming oppression is a sad reflection on our society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am deeply distributed that "we" have allowed groups from the south of us to fund & host this protest. Breaking the law is not anyone's rights to over ride the rights of others no matter how noble you think your cause is.

      Delete
  7. I've been following what's been happening in Ottowa and alarmed for you all - as well as learning tonight that they are appearing here in our capital as well ... Your words are wonderfully clear. I notice how often in the world those shouting about freedom have so little care for the freedom of others. Have requested The Authenticity Project at the library on your and Ruth's recommendations :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexa I hope you enjoy The Authenticity Project. I'm just about 50 pages from the end. I am definitely not writing in any green note books! The riots/siege in Ottawa lost all creditability (if there was any to start with) when the allowed those right wing groups to "sit at the table" with them. Peaceful protest is one thing, this is not it.

      Delete
  8. Love this post! You've put some of my thoughts into words. I hope you put on your smarty pants! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go with smarty pants for the day, but I fear that may have lead me to some troubles (lol). Your thoughts, my words, it confirms my belief we are all connected in energy :)

      Delete
  9. I guess I'm somewhat surprised by the Ottawa protest; it seems (sadly) much more likely that it would happen here! It just makes one all the more weary of the pandemic and the divisiveness not only here but elsewhere. I enjoyed The Authenticity Project, and I agree, not so sure I would have participated in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if there wasn't an underlying divisiveness brewing & the pandemic just brought it to a head - much like a boil. Everyone is taking offense to everything said or written so rather than technology & time improving communication, things are getting worse, no one is talking, no one is listening. IMO.
      I definitely would not participate in The Authenticity Project as laid out in the book... Julian who began it, was inauthentic which that energy created others not to be authentic ... this, I think would be a good book club discussion.

      Delete