Monday, September 17, 2018

Me On A Monday - September 17th


Currently:

Watching: The last few F1 races & waiting for a few favourite TV shows to return with a new season or a couple to start a new.  Also watching an older serious that we borrowed the DVD set "Garrow's Law" based on true stories of the British legal system in the early 1800's.  Fascinating

Reading: The Ripple Effect;   Read nothing new or with a WOW did not know factor.


Planning: For seasonal changes which includes putting out my Autumn dishes & tablecloth & changing the door wreath.

Favourite New Word:  Resplendent; shining brilliantly : characterized by a glowing splendor
 
Creating: An update to my CV/Resume - I have got to get another job.  The current pay cycle I had to twice remind the boss of & he totally missed the pay cycle before, so he now owes me 4 weeks of pay - he's just tacking on to this pay cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listening: To the many flocks of Canadian Geese in the farmer's field, especially at dusk as they hunker down for the night



Celebrating: Mr Man's job change - yeah no more weeks of away business travel!  It also means no more company vehicle so we are now a one vehicle family!!!  Some adjustments needed.

Making: More cards that are stamped trying new techniques for making interesting folds & openings of the cards.

Feeling: Annoyed at neighbours who continually have an open flame fire on their wood deck, under a canvas sun umbrella next to our wood fence!

New In the Shopping Cart:  I have been scouring 2nd hand shops for a 3 tier serving plate for my at home tea parties but have found nothing until a recent trip to Ikea (it's a journey to get there), this is plain glass, so not tied to any season & it was well within my budget.  Next tea party is planned to welcome Autumn but also celebrate Bilbo & Frodo's birthdays.

Improving:   My dietary choices, lots of work done with a Naturopathic Doctor; got some answers to my digestive woes.  Not totally "cured" but making headway.


"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sometimes I block out pink time on my daytimer, time just for me as life does get too busy too quickly.

      Delete
  2. You really do need a new job - you shouldn't have to remind your boss that you haven't been paid! Pleased to hear that you are finding ways to adjust your diet to help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abuse of power is not just for the stars, & it's often not sexual abuse, but abuse of power misused in subtle ways. My final straw has come about because he said I was being passive aggressive reminding him of his forgetting ... I'll say no more for now.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a lot going on in your world these days! A new job does seem in order! Congrats to Mr. Man on the new job & to you making dietary changes for better health! It's so hot here I can't wrap my mind around fall just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the necessary dietary changes were easy, so have been difficult & in my whining I would say a hardship but in reality, anything but a hardship! Mr Man is quite quickly settling into his new role.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of "Garrow's Law" but will look it up. Thx! It sounds like just the kind of thing I'd enjoy :) I don't have Autumn dishes but do have seasonal mugs and cups I enjoy rotating through the year. Congrats on the serving dish! What a great addition that'll be to tea. A single car will take some getting used to, I'm sure. Congratulations to Mr. Man. Saying good-bye to all that business travel must feel good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Mr Man is going to miss the business travel & most of the time in spite of being in really cool places, he doesn't get to "travel" as a tourist & see the sights. So far the single car situation is just requiring planning, plus right now I can walk to work if I had to ...

      Delete
  5. You might like "Brokenwood Mysteries". I got it from the library, it's a very light mystery series. I'll look for "Garrow's Law". The name sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris for the recommendation, I'll check our library for the series - winter is coming!

      Delete
  6. I would be very worried if I was owed 4 weeks pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not worried that I will eventually get paid, it's just that I have expenses that don't wait! He's squared everything up today ... will a slight chuckled apology (grrrrr)

      Delete
  7. If you have to remind the boss to pay you, then you definitely need a new job! Good luck with that! We watched Garrow's Law when it was on the TV and I recall that we quite enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get paid (at last) & I have had a job offer which I need to consider, so it is moving in the right direction. We are now in to series two of Garrow's Law.

      Delete
  8. Finally getting back to reading blogs! You definitely need a new job, but I'm glad to hear that Mr. Man has found a new one. Also glad to see that a new job is in the offing---if this one isn't right, another one will surely come along. So stressful to make those kind of decisions. I'm curious to know about your Naturopathic doctor. I'm looking into this kind of treatment as well.

    ReplyDelete