Thursday, September 06, 2018

Take Three Thursday - I See No Knees

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Please have a wander over to see what these folks have noticed this week:
Melissa: Daily Life, Bits & Pieces 
Maggie: Farmer's Wife Day By Day 
Eileen: A Bracelet of Days

The bees in my yard are very busy, especially around the Anemone flowers. I'm not really too keen on this particular plant because it is proving to be very invasive & unruly BUT the bees love it so it gets to stay (for now).  We had put up a Mason Bee house earlier in the year but we have yet to see any residences.  In my three today, it makes me very happy to see so many bees about, I've noticed three kinds which means the plants we have chosen are encouraging to them.  We are trying to do our bit for nature & her dwindling bees.  

"I still have not noticed any knees on bees so how can anything be the bee's knees Auntie?" 




 

8 comments:

  1. I love the first photo. I have a bee house which is completely empty too, so you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots. We have catmint in our garden, which the bees absolutely love (and I love it because it seems to thrive on neglect!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily, the bees seem to be happy in our yard and gardens. I'm happy to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece has a bee hive. I will have to ask her if her bees have knees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have see one honeybee this year, just one :( I do see carpenter bees, though. I'm always happy to see folks plant for the pollinators :) You get great close-up shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a real soft spot for bees, love to see and hear them in the garden. Wasn't quite so impressed when a swarm of them tried to get into the brickwork of our house a few years ago, but they soon gave up trying and moved elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bees are loving the flowers on my sedum plants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have noticed a lot of busy bees around our cottage as well.

    ReplyDelete