Monday, September 24, 2018

Me On A Monday - September 24th


                                                            CURRENTLY

Liking: cooler nights, excellent sleeping weather.  On Friday by 2pm we had with humidity 36+ (c) temperatures & then on Saturday morning it was 9(c) - such extremes. It was a nasty storm that blew through on Friday afternoon - mild damage compared to the area near Ottawa which had a tornado touch down!
other branches down, this is the worse our fake hornet's nest
Doing: slowly putting the patio away for the season, it makes me so sad especially the part of binning the annual flower pots!  We moved the patio carpet into the garage to steam clean & then roll up for the winter.


Watching: tried one new TV show, Hang Ups; I'll give it one more try, was not amused.  Another series (old, so very old) from the library on DVD; HettyWainthropp - our librarian recommended. It's OK, nothing too much but most interesting to see so many stars of current fame.


Reading: two books by the same author; John Boyne & both take place in Ireland.  (1) A History of Lonliness - it did make me think about how much the Catholic priests all knew about each's other's bad behaviour.  (2) The Heart's Invisible Furies - well you certainly can tell the author is not a fan of the Catholic church, such brutal shaming done by the village priest!  Did not enjoy either, nor would I recommend either book.  I realize both are novels but I am certain that is some truth written in ... I'll say no more.

Planning; it will soon be Thanksgiving in Canada one of my favourite holidays; Monday October 8th.  I think I like it for the foods but mostly because there's no gift giving pressure & moderate decorating.  

Making: I am thinking of making a mini album (6X8") for Cathy Z's 31 Days of Thankful (31 for Canadians, in October & 30 days for Americans in November).  A good way to clear through some scrapping stash.

Eating:  I've been having another bout of digestive woes in spite of getting good marks from Naturopathic Doctor.  It's a mystery to all but especially to me.  My ribs are aching from all the throwing up.

Wondering:  was offered a job at another clinic but it requires a drive of about 20-30 minutes each direction & its fewer hours than I work now.  And now that we are a one car family, I have to really give this some thought.  I also wonder how the clinic I'm currently at is going to continue on since our one & only physio therapist quit last Tuesday.  His patients are devastated.   He is an amazing therapist & I really enjoy working with him.

In The Shopping Cart: two new skirts on summer clearance for $4.97 each! Score! One I can wear with jacket into the early parts of Autumn as it is a dark back ground.

Enjoying: dinner with friends who took us out for meal at a favourite Greek restaurant.  The catch up conversation was lively, fun, enjoyable & makes it all the more sad that they are moving west to BC in November.  Makes me sad.

"One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. ...  "

13 comments:

  1. I'm always sad when we put away the deck furniture. And there are invariably a couple of really nice days afterward that make me wish we still had it out! Not at that point just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We take a long slow process of putting the patio away, for that very reason, warm days still to be had & in a pinch there's there the fold away chairs!

      Delete
  2. I'm hanging on to the garden furniture until the bitter end of Summer …
    I'm sorry you didn't like The Heart's Invisible Furies, as I thought it was a very powerful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very powerful novel but it left me feeling very sad & a tad angry. The patio put away is a slow lingering process for sure for this week promises to be quite warm.

      Delete
  3. I have mentioned to my husband that it is probably time to put the metal furniture away and put covers over the sofa and table but it seems to be falling on deaf ears! So to hear you are still feeling rough, something is definitely not right - have you considered an exclusion diet to try and isolate what may be causing it?
    Sounds like work is not good at the moment and the new opportunity isn't perfect, hope you manage to find a good solution. Fantastic shopping bargains though, that must have put a smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than a bargain & something pretty to wear. I did an elimination diet with the Naturpath & it was nothing too revealing other than moulds are a source of troubles, so no foods that are known for moulds; peanuts, pistachios, no bananas, no mushrooms, etc although I have returned to eggs without affect - which is good I like eggs a lot and as a vegetarian it is a prime source for protein.

      Delete
  4. Cooler nights are easier on the utility bills, I'll say that for them lol And I do enjoy the seasonal changes. I love your Autumn leaf dinnerware. I have seasonal place mats/napkins but nothing like these plates. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a celebrator of the Autumn although not of Halloween; the dinnerware was a bargain two years ago, the placemats a friend was cleaning out her linen closet & the tablecloth I scored big time at wrong price marking. Sometimes being in the right place at the right time rings quite true for me.

      Delete
  5. I too feel a little melancholy at the passing of yet another season. However your garden is looking lovely as always.
    I'm hopeful of completing the SPSH, but I don't think I will have the relevant posts up by the end of the month - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know summer into Autumn is a struggle for me too, shorter amounts of sunlight & usually some dreary wet weather . My dear Lady Ella no apologies about the SPSH finds on date, it was all about fun & joining in. I don't think I'm going to find my picture postcard perfect photo (or one that I like) but oh well, I got many of the others that I do like. Yesterday I saw the perfect re purposed; a canoe with flowers in it but we could not stop, so my bathtub photo will have to do ...

      Delete
  6. I got a start on switching things for the new season before we left, but will need to do more when we get home. I, too, hate to empty the patio pots and give up our time there. We had a lot less time there this year---partly because of weather, and partly due to illness. Speaking of which, I hope you are soon feeling better. Throwing up is absolutely the worst! Love your beautiful leaf plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my happy though for you is that there is only wellness & warm Autumn days for at least a few days of patio sitting. Mr Man isn't liking that the plates don't have much of a lip on them, so is food apparently slides off too easily! (col).

      Delete
  7. Catching up today … we never bring our patio furniture in - definitely one of the things I like about the south! :)

    ReplyDelete