Thursday, September 13, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Late Pink

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Please have a wander over to see what these folks have noticed this week:
Melissa: Daily Life, Bits & Pieces 
Maggie: Farmer's Wife Day By Day 
Eileen: A Bracelet of Days


This week what I've noticed on my walks, but especially in my garden, the rich pinks that this late summer is showing off with. Anyone who has read my blog before, knows I like pink, a lot.

I am wanting to hang on to summer for as long as possible, I feel that I haven't done everything I had planned to.  I want to turn back the clock but alas, thanks to Hermione of Harry Potter fame, all the time turners were destroyed!  I would like to linger just a little longer on the patio in the morning & then again in the evening. The light, sounds & smells still in choir unison sing,  summer.

So this Thursday I give you my three by a colour link;  a few of my late summer garden pinks. 





Please don't forget that the last link for 2018's SPSH is going to be September 30th.  So still lots of time to find those remaining few items you might need for your list.

 "what makes things memorable is that they are meaningful, significant & colourful."  Joshua Foer

 

15 comments:

  1. Oh, such beautiful pink snaps today!
    I agree, it's a shame about those time turners! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's a good thing the time turners are all gone, we might be too tempted to live in the past ... who knows which future joys await us - it's the surprise element that I struggle with (col).

      Delete
  2. Oh, those coneflowers! Mine are long gone. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to turn back the clock. Too bad about the time turners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My coneflowers are enjoying quite a long season - I leave so the canary finches will come in to feed on them - now that is such a photo opportunity I hope I don't miss.

      Delete
  3. Yes, the summer passed so fast. So intense for so long, then suddenly it was over. At least here. Anyway we are still getting the odd warm day so making the most of them while i can. Nice you stil have these flowers to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we had quite a humid & heat intense summer this side of the pond. This weekend we seem to be returning to that heat but hopefully not the humidity. I'll take the warm days, cool nights right up to Thanksgiving thank you Mother Nature ...

      Delete
  4. How lovely to see that the pastel pinks have survived to the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that my pots of hot pink Inpatients seem to be humming in colour vibration - I can see them even before the sun rises or sets.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. I cannot think of a season or flower that isn't perfect in pink.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy these posts you share.
    I love to peek into your garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy & please come, peek as much as you like. (col)

      Delete
  7. I don't have anything that beautiful left in my garden, except some geraniums in the patio bed. All three are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This renewed heat & humidity are really taking a toll on the garden & I am reluctant to watering since we will get the left overs of Florence later in the week plus everything is done. I may get a few pots of garden Mums for the patio. I discovered purple Asters in my front garden - the wild kind so they give lots of colour.

      Delete
  8. They are indeed lovely and yes the summer is slipping away.

    ReplyDelete