Thursday, September 20, 2018

Take Three Thursday - I'll Grow Where I Want!

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Please have a peek at what others have noticed this week:

Maggie at Farmer's Wife Day By Day
Eileen at A Bracelet of Days 

This week my three are by theme - plants, or as some call them, weeds, growing where they want & doing a very good job of it.
Give them a little dirt, sunshine & rain & watch out.   Thankfully at this moment, I can say none of these photos are from my garden, but I'm not saying that with any boasting as my garden has a different story this year, I have an abundance of some type of wild clover, it gets very tall & is very green inspite of the dry conditions.  It's not the same type of clover (white & sterile) that we have as lawn in the back garden, this plant even climbs up other plants.

traffic cone & stones at the recycle centre

stone at recycle centre

growing out of neighbours eaves trough - a tree?

"What is a weed but a plant's who's virtue is yet discovered."  RW Emerson


 

7 comments:

  1. They certainly are stronger than we think they are! Love the last photo - how on earth did it grown that high?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the owners of the house have been away quite a lot over the summer ... weeds seem to have such deeper roots!

      Delete
  2. Plants will always find a way :) There was an abandoned building downtown that had trees growing many stories high that were visible from the sidewalk below. They've rehabbed that building now, but it was living proof that plants can thrive where we least expect lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire the strength of nature & I think that's why I go there to renew & revive myself from day to day stress. The natural world is such a gift & blessing & yet as humans we disrespect, which I know we are & will pay for it.

      Delete
  3. I have seen buddleia grow on a roof ! They do say that if a house and garden is completely neglected it's takes vey little time for the garden to totally take over a house. There was house we passed regularly in Bath where a wisteria had taken over and was right across the roof. There was a house for sale in London with a tree growing in inside......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a tree growing in the house! oh my! I watched a tv production about what would happen to cities if no humans were there & it was quite amazing how the plant life took over - quickly! That gives me hope that when we humans finally get kicked out, Mother Nature will repair.

      Delete
  4. I'm always astonished at where weeds will grow! Nice captures.

    ReplyDelete