Monday, August 03, 2015

Happy August Lists - Question 3










#3-Your Parents:

What can I say about my parents, she was beautiful, he was charming and they had  a fused relationship.  They could not live together, nor could they live apart and because of this, they created a chaotic and crazy environment in which to raise their children.


My Mother was engaged to a doctor when she met my father and six weeks after dumping the doctor she married my father.  Her Mother never forgave her this act of rebellion.  

On their wedding night, my parents apparently agreed they wanted 12 children.  My father found it difficult to stop at 12, he produced, to his knowledge, 19 children.  When I was growing up my father was mostly  absent and my Mother mostly ill and emotionally absent.  

I do think I have inherited some traits from parents.  They both loved animals, I love animals, they both liked gardening, I like to garden, they both liked to cook, I like to cook.  My father was a professional photojournalist, I like to take photos and write.  My Mother could make magic, I believe in magic. Both were hoarders, thankfully I did not inherit that trait!
    
My Mother died young. My father died shortly after my Mother.  I wish my Mother had lived long enough to see most of her children settled.  I think my Mother would have liked my patio views.




wedding band photo from the Internet


7 comments:

  1. 1 of 12? Where do you come in the hierarchy? Are you all still close to each other? Possibly too many questions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too many questions - as the month wears on you'll see the answer to your questions as there is one set for siblings. A taste of what is to come, I am the 11th one. :)

      Delete
    2. Love how Eileen's reaction was exactly the same as mine!
      Not to be flippant but thinking about it again, it strikes me with 12, 19+ offspring, you wouldn't want to generate extra confusion by giving some kids official and unofficial names! :o)

      Delete
    3. My parents definetly had an element of madness and I will qualify my position in the 12 /19 - not is all as it seems!!

      Delete
  2. I love this post. It stirs up questions and yet it says everything that needs to be said all at the same time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sian. Sometimes reflecting about my parents is difficult.

      Delete
  3. You must have had a very interesting childhood! It must have been a difficult one, at times, too, no doubt. I'm looking forward to reading the post about your siblings. I hope you have a close relationship with them.

    ReplyDelete