Monday, August 03, 2015

Me On Monday - Welcome To August



Good Morning Wave to Sian, our creative hostess to M.O.M. at  http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.ca/.    Hello to the other, Me on Monday bloggers.



Daylily In My Garden

I am looking back at the week that was and most of what I can  moan say about it was that it was HOT  and very HUMID.  We don’t have air conditioning at home and some nights were difficult for sleep and at work the air conditioner remained broken which prompted one therapist not to work – upset patients / moments of feeling quite overwhelmed / listened to some office workers argue about when a weekend starts – Friday at noon or Saturday morning?  / Why argue, just enjoy / we enjoyed ice cream cake for Harry Potter’s birthday celebration / liked the Blue Moon – can you make a wish upon it? I did / Mr Man and I are both suffering with body pain; my hip (horse related), his elbow (job induced) / very little was done on the weekend / reading The Magic Of Tidying Up, ummm, not sure / finishing up H.P. Goblet of Fire in the annual read of all 7 / preparing for August, a personal favourite month / making lists, happy thoughts / photos for July printed / email connecting with out of town friend, plans to meet for lunch / discussions over whether to tap water flower beds or let nature work with little to no rain for over 2 weeks / nature made the decision about watering on Sunday evening with a 2 part storm, complete with hail, damaging winds, lightening, rolling thunder and much needed rain / thankful we had no tree damage from high winds although in the neighbourhood we heard chain saws running /  looking forward to week ahead as Mr Man on vacation from work / working on August blog project / dreading 11 weeks to come of federal election rantings– why Mr. Harper why ?!? / Monday is a bank holiday and not celebrated by every province / Why August bank holiday gets a different name region to region, some call it Civic Holiday, some Simcoe Day, some John Galt Day / whatever – there’s cake!

 
Daylily In My Garden








6 comments:

  1. I think 'whatever - there is cake' would be good to have on a mug or tea towel! have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my house "Whatever - there was cake" would be more apposite!
      I too enjoyed the blue moon - didn't think of making a wish and now wish I had. You always have such sweet thoughts!

      Delete
    2. I like the idea of a mug with that quote on it - umm I saw some do it yourself mugs for designing at Michaels and I have a coupon!!

      Delete
  2. Oh you should definitely do the mugs! There could be a whole new business in there..

    Wow..it's hard to imagine it being so hot that no air conditioning would cause chaos. No one here has air conditioning ..it's never warm enough!

    Have a great week. Hope the aches and pains clear up soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know about the mugs. The refusing to work therapist is our resident drama queen and she was "performing" this week, I can only laugh, it is her patients I feel bad for.

      Delete
  3. i can sympathise with the hip pain! i wish it was warm enough here to have air-con

    ReplyDelete